Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Need suggestions as to where to mount the antenna for xm radio on a GS

Can anybody give me suggestions as to where to mount the xm radio antenna on my 09 GS?..They send a couple different mounts fo the radio but my handle bar space is all used up...I'm thinking I can velcro it on someplace when I can get the best signal (facing south)..Suggestions are appreciated...

Spyder Garage

Default XF antenna

I have a Chad windshield and it has a metal plate up front that the windshield attaches to. I put my antenna on that metal plate (magnetic mount). It is out of sight and almost invisible. The windshield is tinted so you really can't see it there. I wanted a location so it wasn't obvious to a would be thief. So much plastic it's hard to get a good location. I didn't trust the Velcro.

Facing South for good reception? Are you always riding or parking North?

Stan
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    I have a Chad windshield and it has a metal plate up front that the windshield attaches to. I put my antenna on that metal plate (magnetic mount). It is out of sight and almost invisible. The windshield is tinted so you really can't see it there. I wanted a location so it wasn't obvious to a would be thief. So much plastic it's hard to get a good location. I didn't trust the Velcro.

Facing South for good reception? Are you always riding or parking North?

Stan
    Stan...I never know what direction I'm riding in......Just noted that because in the instructions it say to place it in an area where reception would be best..Your suggestion works perfectly for me...I've got the Madstad windshield and it has a metal plate so the magnetic mount would work out...Thanks...Much appreciated....Larry