Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Now mine....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnCat View Post
    We ordered the horn, Oxford Heaterz heated grips, Storm handguards and an adjustable windfoil for on top of the factory touring windshield on Cat's RS, and so I had a day's project. These parts came from Twisted Throttle. I also ordered the $30 wiring loom for the horn. I could have saved the $, but it was just about plug n play . . . the only soldering I did was to add the stock horn in the system. The horn was easy once I saw where you mounted it. Thanks!
    You are very welcome!
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

VaughnCat and ataDude....... Nice to see that you folks are still around miss your posts.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Supertrapp Vers III

Would you mind giving me a parts list for this set-up am currently running an RLS Punisher and my 60 yr old ears are bleeding. In my younger days I would heve relished in the Punisher sound, but now looking to add audio to the RSS. Please send to master1309@yahoo.com. Thanks Richard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by master1309 View Post
    Would you mind giving me a parts list for this set-up am currently running an RLS Punisher and my 60 yr old ears are bleeding. In my younger days I would heve relished in the Punisher sound, but now looking to add audio to the RSS. Please send to master1309@yahoo.com. Thanks Richard
    Other than what's in my post, I have no further info. That was four years ago and I no longer have the Spyder. Sorry!
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Accessory wiring:

To ensure that I didn't make the computer nannies mad, I ran an entirely new set of circuits (front to back) from the battery, through a relay, to a 30-amp Blue Sea fuse block mounted in the front compartment. The relay is activated by fuse three in the Spyder's standard front fuse block... therefore, all of my new circuits are on only when the ignition is on. An advantage to using fuse #3 is a built-in 15 second delay after the ignition is switched off.

As with all of these mods, I had the parts already "in stock" from other past bike projects. The Blue Sea box accommodates six fused circuits and six ground points. I'm only using three at this point... the Corbin heated seat will make four. All handlebar stuff (V1, GPS, etc) are low amperage and running on one circuit.

All wiring is run through plastic wiring looms available almost everywhere. I buy the looms from JC Whitney in boxes containing 100' each. :

Update: If I were to do this again, I'd mount the Blue Sea box not IN the front box but immediately behind it. Reason - if the luggage "box" needs to be removed, the "though-the-firewall" wiring complicates matters tremendously.

There is a space on the left side under the Tupperware where something on the earlier 2 cyl RTs was mounted. There is a bracket there that I smashed down to fairly flat (maybe the next time I'm in there I'll cut out some more of the bracket with my Saws-All). That's where I mounted my fuse block, and it's close to the battery.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black