Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: front tires

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS TOPIC

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    With all respect, why do you consider those tires to be defecient? Saying "but the company also makes wheelbarrow tires..." Or something similar is like telling me not to use Dial Soap because the company also makes dog food (yes, the company really does make both.)

What I am really asking is:"What is it about the tires that makes the tires deficient?"
    I'm done trying to help out on this question ! ! .......So everyone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, buy and use KENDA TIRES.................YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER ,....BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE IT DRINK .......ride safe on your KENDA'S.......Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Actually; buying tires based solely upon their speed ratings; is kind of like buying soda based solely upon it's calorie count...
    There's a lot more in there to worry about.
    Just because a tire is rated at 165 MPH, it doesn't make it better than one rated at 110 MPH. Most of us will never exceed 110 MPH for any extended time, so both tires are equally safe for the usual ryder. Other considerations come into play when choosing a tire. Things like wet and dry traction, ryde quality, tire noise, cornering stability, ryde comfort, cost and treadwear.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Has this horse been sufficiently tenderized yet??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm done trying to help out on this question ! ! .......So everyone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, buy and use KENDA TIRES.................YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER ,....BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE IT DRINK .......ride safe on your KENDA'S.......Mike
    Mike, some people just don't get it, won't get it, can't get it... stop knocking your head against the wall my friend... those of us who know, KNOW... those of them that don't, don't....
    i rest my case...

Spyder Garage

Default YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT

But I was already pretty sure that you'd be shopping in other places for the proper meats for THAT beauty!
    By the way... If the Missus was to buy a FF Mk IV complete kit; how much should it take to complete it in time and $$?
    Bob that's like asking why buy a tire rated for 149 MPH ........there are approx. 1000 variables to your question.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(I knew that...)
    But for argument's sake; lets's assume that it's the rear-IRS equipped setup, and with their wheels....
    A carbbed 5.0 up front with a Tremec behind it...
    Stainless rollbar (ONLY ONE) and exhaust...
    No crazy paint; just the typical twin stripes down the center... (Blue/White)
    What should it take to get from the box to the driveway

Spyder Garage

Default THE ANSWER IS ? ? ? ?

(I knew that...)
    But for argument's sake; lets's assume that it's the rear-IRS equipped setup, and with their wheels....
    A carbbed 5.0 up front with a Tremec behind it...
    Stainless rollbar (ONLY ONE) and exhaust...
    No crazy paint; just the typical twin stripes down the center... (Blue/White)
    What should it take to get from the box to the driveway
    Bob, I only know what I'm capable of any that's still only a S.W.A.G. at best. Like I said previously but probably underestimated approx. 1000 variables to determine what someone else's build time would / could be..........Now on the other hand I do have a mostly built COBRA DAYTONA COUPE ( the fastback ) with a 391 cu.in. stroked Ford windsor eng........435 HP est. at the crank....It has AC.........................and for HER i'd sell it at a loss......Mike........and if you ask for pics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Daytona Coupe??
    That wasn't the convertible that she was looking for...
    But I'll trot it past her, and see if she bites.
    Get your pictures ready!

Spyder Garage

Please take a chill pill. Just because I don't understand the logic by which you make assertions, does not mean that I disagree (or agree) with that assertion. I merely asked you, in a calm and respectful manner to explain your thought process.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Default How to Ruin a perfectly good discussion thread.,...

There was a lot of interesting data being brought to the table in this thread but somehow it became a chat for some that need to hear themselves no matter what they have to say... Maybe if everyone posted in the same size text it would keep things in perspective, and avoid the impression that someone is Screamin at you. Maybe some other Spyderlovers would contribute to these threads but are reluctant to enter the "Battlefield"...

It might also help if some of the addictive hourly posters would ask themselves before they post: " Will my post contribute any new information to this thread?" JMHO !

This post will likely draw a lot of fire and will likely be the last I do for a while...
    Last edited by cjackg; 09-09-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default duh

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    There was a lot of interesting data being brought to the table in this thread but somehow it became a chat for some that need to hear themselves no matter what they have to say... Maybe if everyone posted in the same size text it would keep things in perspective, and avoid the impression that someone is Screamin at you. Maybe some other Spyderlovers would contribute to these threads but are reluctant to enter the "Battlefield"...

It might also help if some of the addictive hourly posters would ask themselves before they post: " Will my post contribute any new information to this thread?" JMHO !

This post will likely draw a lot of fire and will likely be the last I do for a while...
    best news so far........see no shouting ...........not that I was shouting before

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For the same price would you rather pick up a 50 lb load with a rope rated for 50 lbs ............or a rope rated for 100 lbs.,..........it's the same with tires or ladders or anything else..........If it's built stronger .....it's less likely to break.......Is this a concept that's hard to understand......????????
    Sorry I asked... I've been shopping for tires, and the v rated start at about double the price of the same size H.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    Just because a tire is rated at 165 MPH, it doesn't make it better than one rated at 110 MPH. Most of us will never exceed 110 MPH for any extended time, so both tires are equally safe for the usual ryder. Other considerations come into play when choosing a tire. Things like wet and dry traction, ryde quality, tire noise, cornering stability, ryde comfort, cost and treadwear.
    Thank you for answering this...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, I really don't want ot say this...
    But I can't read your latest posts...

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

oem size and specs are the best way to go, buy quality not price

Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT Tires P165/65-R14

Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    got a 2010 rts and feel the front tires need replaced. are there any sizes that wont have problems with the nanny. also is there a brand and style that has been tested and reccomended by others that have tryed other sizes??
    I am also having trouble finding tires. Every time I look it up P165/65 - R15 comes up. Can I use that size? I thought the r-14/15 was the rim size.

Spyder Garage

Mike, I cannot find the P165/65 R14 tires my bike says I need. All I see is the R15's

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjgraph View Post
    Mike, I cannot find the P165/65 R14 tires my bike says I need. All I see is the R15's
    Well I just went to the " TIRERACK " and they Have 165/65-14 ( which is the same as " P165/65-14 ) ..... Vredestein has other 14 in. sizes that will work great .... try Vulcan tire or Simple tire ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

This post was started in 2013. Only the last three posts are current as of today (2/22/21).

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I will try. I cannot believe they dont make tires for this.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mike just told you that they do. I just searched Tire Rack and Amazon and found many of them.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=14

tire.JPG
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's another thread going on about trying to find the right size tires in a 14" wheel size. I did post in that one
    that a quick Google search turned up a bunch of tires in 165/65-14.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Tire Rack and Discount Tire both stock the Bridgestone Potenza 165/65R14. We also stock them and have installed many sets. Great tire for the older Spyders that have 14" wheels.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame