Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cudo's to Middletown Cycles...On road assistance

Cindi & I just returned from a trip down to Greeneville, TN to look for a house. One of Cindi's head lamps went out on the way down and we didn't want to continue without it due to weather forecast for rain. We stopped by Middletown Cycles in Middletown Ohio to see if we could get a replacement. They brought her GS to the front of the service line and put a new one in. They also hooked it up to BUDS to check it out...Guess what...The recall for the cannister/vapor hose was never done even though it's beein into the dealers twice since she bought it 2 years ago. The oil was over a quart low and the antifreeze was way low. Needless to say, I was more than a little upset that the previous visits to our local dealer didn't say a word about the recall that hadn't been performed or checked the oil/coolant and they'd charged us for them.

Anyway, We were very pleased that Middletown Cycles took care of us while we were on the road..It's nice to see that kind of service from a dealer...We put over 1500 miles on the GS's this trip and they ran flawlessly and it never rained.....

Forgot to add that while we were in Greeneville looking for houses , we stopped by a boat launch to rest and a Sheriff went by...slowed down and turned around and drove down to where we were sitting...We were wondering why.. thinking we hadn't done anything wrong...Anyway he pulled up to us...started talking about Spyders and pulled out his cell phone to show us pictures of the RT's both him and his wife had...He lives about a mile away from a property we were looking at...But anyways...Hi to the Greeneville Sheriff and we're looking forward to riding with them...He knew Lamont...
    Last edited by Littlebadwolf; 09-01-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Spyder Garage

You gotta love that great location just off 75 at the 122 exit!

Did they perform the canister recall? If so they may have used the kit they ordered for my machine. Its ok though as I just went ahead and removed the canister and ran my vent to the left side swingarm.

My machine has yet to be back in their shop area but I have had them order me parts and supplies and bought a helmet, jacket, gloves, etc. I always stop in there when Im riding nearby.
    Last edited by daltmeyer; 09-01-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Damon

2009 RS SM5 13,000 mi
    2014 Yamaha FZ-09 110 mi

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daltmeyer View Post
    You gotta love that great location just off 75 at the 122 exit!

Did they perform the canister recall? If so they may have used the kit they ordered for my machine. Its ok though as I just went ahead and removed the canister and ran my vent to the left side swingarm.

My machine has yet to be back in their shop area but I have had them order me parts and supplies and bought a helmet, jacket, gloves, etc. I always stop in there when Im riding nearby.
    Yes...They did the recall, added all the fluids, lubricated everything that needed it...all for $60...another great dealer in my eyes..

Spyder Garage

Glad you had a positive experience with them.
    ----
    USAF Retired (1986 - 2006)
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain
    Riding with Dignity, Honor and Respect

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Now Larry I know you aren't happy with Cement City HD but being a quart low on oil is on you. You said you rode 1,500 miles did you ever check the oil? You are supposed to check it every 300 miles.

I'm done dogging you now on to your house hunting. Did you find anything?

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

So Im guessing they charged you for 1/2 hour labor, headlight bulb, and fluids. Thats cheap! And fast! Then they did the evaporator recall for free as they should but would usually have to order the part and make an appointment.

This may be the cheapest and quickest pit stop your spyder ever gets. Especially if you dont check your oil and coolant.
    Damon

2009 RS SM5 13,000 mi
    2014 Yamaha FZ-09 110 mi

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Now Larry I know you aren't happy with Cement City HD but being a quart low on oil is on you. You said you rode 1,500 miles did you ever check the oil? You are supposed to check it every 300 miles.

I'm done dogging you now on to your house hunting. Did you find anything?
    Ann...I didn't think I'd have to check the oil when it was just serviced before our trip...I wouldn't slam a dealer unless I had a good reason...Think I had a good reason?It wasn't 300 miles from Jackson to Middletown..I do expect that we can ride a couple hundred miles after the oil and filter was changed...I'm not gonna check the oil every 100 miles especially when I'm running Amsoil. You know I've been severly disappointed with this dealer..They've ripped me off more than I care to think about and I've even sent a email to BRP regarding the terrible service...We found a great cabin in the foothills with a barn, 4 horse stable, trout stream in front, hot tub, apple orchard...Just gotta have a inspection done...The place has been vacant for a while and there's water/moisture in the crawlspace and it's buckled the hardwood floor...It can be repaired but we're insisting on an inspection before we make an offer..
    http://applesold.com/337926 ..305 Tweed Springs Rd....
    ..By the way...I check my oil, coolant and everything else prior to making any ride, weekly and do a thorough check every month for maintenance issues...I''m not an idiot.
    Last edited by Littlebadwolf; 09-02-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmm I wonder if my dealer knows what's really correct on these machines?

Well I have to say I'm not to sure about my dealer, I went in on Thursday August 22nd asked him to check my oil and coolant as I had 2800 miles on my bike and we were heading out on Friday for Gatlinburg (just got home today) plus my husband wanted me to pick up a quart of oil to take with us just in case. The service guy comes out and says you're fine this is a new bike you won't need oil, then I asked him to check the coolant he took the cover off shook the bike and said I can see it moving your fine. Keep in mind I told him where we were going and he felt I was over reacting wanting him to check these things. Needless to say my husband didn't like this guys response to me wanting a quart of oil or his professional way of checking my coolant. We went without the extra oil and things worked out fine this time but my next trip I will have oil with me just in case. We traveled over 1500 miles on this trip. Michigan to TN/NC I'll count my blessings we didn't need any thing this time, but won't take the chance next time. Great trip
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The only reason I brought my Spyder into the dealer is beacause I needed the mandatory 16K service before we left on our trip to easter TN....They didn't check the valves, they didn't replace the Y gaskets (which I provided)...I could have done everything they did for the cost of supplies...so it cost me almost $400 for this service...to change the oil, plugs and lubricatio that they didn't do...Think I'm not upset with them...I hope to hell that I'll find a better dealer when we move down to Eastern TN...I'm getting sick of being ripped off...

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    The only reason I brought my Spyder into the dealer is beacause I needed the mandatory 16K service before we left on our trip to easter TN....They didn't check the valves, they didn't replace the Y gaskets (which I provided)...I could have done everything they did for the cost of supplies...so it cost me almost $400 for this service...to change the oil, plugs and lubricatio that they didn't do...Think I'm not upset with them...I hope to hell that I'll find a better dealer when we move down to Eastern TN...I'm getting sick of being ripped off...
    Larry, I'm sorry I certainly don't think you are an idiot. But I did think from the way you worded your post that you had gone at least 1000 miles before you discovered that you were a quart low.

I love the cabin and the barn looks really nice. I hope the inspection works out.
    Last edited by SpyderAnn01; 09-01-2013 at 05:39 PM.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622