Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Does the Spyder Audio System Work with the Lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

Just curious if anyone knows if the new connector adopted by Apple for its Ipod, Ipad, Iphone, etc, called Lightning will work with Apple interface built-in to our Spyder audio systems.

Not asking for guesses.... asking if anyone actually knows. Reason I am asking is I have heard the adapter to convert Lightning to the old 30-pin style has had mixed results with various devices. I am also planning on buying an Itouch but don't know if I should buy an older model with the 30-pin already built-in or buying the new Itouch (assumed to be released later this year) with the Lightning connector and use the adapter with my Spyder. Before I make a decision, I want to know what the experience has been if anyone has tried the adapter with the Spyder audio system.

I would prefer the buy the new Itouch because it will operate iOS 7 when it is released. The current Itouch uses an A4 chip and is not powerful enough or contain enough internal RAM to be upgraded to iOS 7. But I do not want to buy something that won't work with my Spyder audio system.

Anyone know?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

Spyder Garage

Yes, just tried mine last week !!

Spyder Garage

There have been some problems reported with aftermarket Lightning to 30-pin adapters. Best to stick with the genuine Apple adapter,
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Works fine on mine.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Lightning adapter

Have an IPhone 5 and works great with the adapter that I bought from Radio Shack, no problem at all.

Spyder Garage

I have a longer one and it works great. I tried a 3rd party one first and it did not work.