Thread: Trip Report.

Spyder Garage

Default Trip Report.

Just thought I would give a little report on a trip I just finished. I started out about 20 miles southeast of Detroit. Road up the center of Michigan, across the "bridge" to hwy2. Road that all the way to Seattle. Spent a day or two visiting my son and his family than started back by way of the Bad Lands. I-80 after that till I got home.
    12 days on the road, many of them the temp was 102-105. No rain, and did you know that you can ride for 400 miles thru some of the northern states and see nothing but wheat fields? No problems with the the 2012 RT except the day I was leaving my Sons home. Spyder did not want to start. Would turn over but not fire. Did this for about three times and finally started. Never had the problem again.
    After 4873 miles, with only the one hiccup, I thought it would be nice to post something without complaints ( except for the 105 deg days). Gas mileage was between 28-33 mpg depending on how fast I was riding.
    I'm almost ready to do it again......in about a month.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!!

Sounds like a great trip. No complaints means the visit was a good one. Some areas are like the ocean in fields. But it is better than dessert...good to hear the roadster did well this site needs to hear more of that..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I'm envious, and thanks for posting a positive. Hopefully some who come to this site for information will see this one.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I'm envious, and thanks for posting a positive. Hopefully some who come to this site for information will see this one.

Chris
    That's why I wanted to post this. I see so many posts about this or that problem. Before I bought my Spyder, I spent a lot of time here getting as much info as I could. I must say, I was a little scared buying the Spyder based on some of the things said here. But as it turned out, I ended up with a good bike and good dealer.
    Anyone on the fence about buying a Spyder should take the leap and get yourself one.
    hopefully, my good luck will continue.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting about your trip. Also glad to hear no major problems. Been through ND, SD, NE, KS, and MT. The unending flat, fields, etc. does make for a long ryde as you are going through the state at about a mile a minute.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red