Thread: Heat all day

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Heat all day

I ride my bike to work and it is parked in the sunlight. Today I noticed some sputtering on take offs before it cooled down. does direct sunlight/heat affect the performance of the spyder?

Spyder Garage

No. Sunlight doesn't cause a malfunction. Increased temperature 90s and up can... Welcome to the club. Various forums are littered with complaints about heat issues.

Spyder Garage

My Spyder does the same exact thing. When I ride it to work and let it sit out in the parking lot in the sun all day, it stumbles and runs rough at low rpm's for a bit until I've driven it for a while. Now if I park in the parking garage in the shade, it's runs fine. It doesn't like sitting out in direct sunlight, I don't know why. I thought after I got my exhaust and fuel tuner it would take care of it, but nope, it still does it.
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 RSS also, maybe it's that model that has the problem

Spyder Garage

I have had two RTs get exposed to brutal Florida sunshine and never had a problem
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default Try..!!

letting the motor warm up a bit more. When setting in the hot sun the initial air flow to the throttle bodies is hot and the computer has to adjust the mixture. Once rolling the air cools quickly as the flow clears hot air from under the tupperwear and the computer has to re-adjust. This is were the stumble may come from. This has happened to me in cooler weather as well. I now start the roadster as soon as I get to it then proceed to get geared up giving the motor time to warm up...jmho...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Heat

I just received my quick sun over from Spyder.Sisters@yahoo.com it is great. I used to go to WalMart when I came out I could hardly sit on the seat. This cover comes in a little bag that is attached to the cover. Open it and it stretches over the bike. Just hook it to the back fender it has loops about middle way that just loop around the passenger foot rest then over the handle bars, Works great and seat is not hot and also it keeps anyone from sitting on your while you are in the store. Don't know why this wouldn't work while you are at work. It is very reasonable also.

Oh yea also comes in colors.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    letting the motor warm up a bit more. When setting in the hot sun the initial air flow to the throttle bodies is hot and the computer has to adjust the mixture. Once rolling the air cools quickly as the flow clears hot air from under the tupperwear and the computer has to re-adjust. This is were the stumble may come from. This has happened to me in cooler weather as well. I now start the roadster as soon as I get to it then proceed to get geared up giving the motor time to warm up...jmho...
    I think you are exactly right with this,I was kind of thinking that's what is was. I've tried warming the engine up a bit more, but it still seems to do it. Once I get moving a bit and the cool air flows in it goes away.
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have found that mine is always "Ready For Battle", if I ust let the rpms settle into that 1400 rpm range at idle. It mever seems to take more than a couple of seconds anyway...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black