Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default is there a trick

Is there a trick to remove the center caps on a spyder wheel. I'm going to install gloryders and don't want to scratch anything up. I have a 2012 rss. Thanx

2012 rss se-5 red . 2bros dual exhaust carbon fiber black series, amr black widow wrap, widow pegs , spike grips and more to come...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScarMace View Post
    Is there a trick to remove the center caps on a spyder wheel. I'm going to install gloryders and don't want to scratch anything up.
    Nothing to it. Just a small flat head screwdriver, a steady hand and pacience.
    Good luck!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Nothing to it. Just a small flat head screwdriver, a steady hand and pacience.
    Good luck!
    That's the trick. PS--you do not have to remove the wheels. I can install a complete set now in about 15 minutes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    That's the trick. PS--you do not have to remove the wheels. I can install a complete set now in about 15 minutes.
    Thanx I figured I didn't need to remove the wheel..
    Spyderman if it took u 15min its going to take me an hour and a half lol.

Thanx for the Info.

Spyder Garage

Default There you go...!!

good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If you don't have patience and a steady hand and you are not going to use the caps again, drill a small hole in the center of the cap; then, use a wire hanger.

If you are not super careful with the screw driver when trying to pop the center caps off, you will probably see small nicks in the wheel when you're done. Of course once the gloryders are installed, you won't see the nicks.

Spyder Garage

Thanx I figured I didn't need to remove the wheel..
    Spyderman if it took u 15min its going to take me an hour and a half lol.

Thanx for the Info.
    No, I am about as mechanically challenged as the worst on SL. It will take you about 10 min on the first and about 5 min on the second.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default glo ryders

Is there a trick to remove the center caps on a spyder wheel. I'm going to install gloryders and don't want to scratch anything up. I have a 2012 rss. Thanx

2012 rss se-5 red . 2bros dual exhaust carbon fiber black series, amr black widow wrap, widow pegs , spike grips and more to come...
    Ya there is nothing to it just use a real small flat head screw driver and pop it out..and then comes the fun part..putting on the glo ryders.just make sure when u ar putting thrm on u have plenty of time ..dont rush putting them on...and enjoy.
    Chuck

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanx everyone gloryders installed. . It took a half hour only because I couldn't find a screwdriver small enough for the four screws on the remote till I dug out the kitchen drawer. .. total time 20min plus 10 min searching for screwdriver. .. sad part is I own a hardware store... never have a tool around when u need it.

Spyder Garage

Thanx everyone gloryders installed. . It took a half hour only because I couldn't find a screwdriver small enough for the four screws on the remote till I dug out the kitchen drawer. .. total time 20min plus 10 min searching for screwdriver. .. sad part is I own a hardware store... never have a tool around when u need it.
    Murphy bites again.

2020 F3L , Magma Red