Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default towing the 2012 rt limited

how does everyone tow their spyder i hae a 2012 rt limited i have a car i was thinking of puttiing a hitch on to tow the spyder places anyone have suggestions on a trailer or what to use to tow?

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Trailer

Here is how I tow my 2012 Rt-S. I have the AST-3 made by Ultimate Trailer (they are a sponsor and have an ad on the home page of Spyderlovers.com) http://www.the-ultimate-trailers.com The trailer is light, easy to move around, protects the Spyder, and you hardly know you are towing. I tow with our motorhome and my Nissan Frontier. I've only noticed about 1/2 to 1 mile per gallon difference when towing. I noticed there is one on the WTB thread for sale.

Image 8.jpgImage 9.jpgImage 11.jpg
    Last edited by mwkess; 08-27-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    2012 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE5
    SENA SMH5 Bluetooth Headsets
    Diamond R Armrest, Passenger Tour Mug, Driver Tour Mug
    Opitma Driver-Backrest
    Seal Deluxe Floorboards
    RIVCO-Trunk Mounted Flag Holders
    Ram Ball GPS Mount
    AST3 Ultimate Towing Trailer

8th Air Force
    96th BG, 413th BSq

Spyder Garage

Default Pull behind porch or how to redneck in style.

WE tow our RT S and FXDWG on a flat bed 16 foot utility trailer. When we arrive at our camping grounds we unload the bikes and the trailer becomes our porch beside our Fifth Wheel. It fits snug to the trailer and fits perfectly under our 16 foot awning. May be redneckish but it works wonderfully! At my age I care little for looking cool----we walk directly from the trailer onto the trailer fender then down to the trailer. Provides a dry, shaded, and usually cool place to get out of the trailer without touching ground. The trailer cost 1375.00 coming with new tires on both axles, has a 3500 load limit and pulls very smoothly.
    2013 STS , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma UT 10

Is perfect fit for a RT Ltd. Stowable ramp, a pretty good size storage box built in and a includes a stone guard and plenty of tie down points. LED lights and full size wheels and tires.
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

I use an old trailer I built to haul lawn equipment. Modified the nose of the thing to accomodate the frunk of the RTS!OnTrailer.jpg
    People use lots of ways. The Ultimate Trailer (nee AST) has good reviews but is pretty wide. Some users use enclosed toy haulers.
    Main thing is to travel and have FUN!
    Last edited by Jester; 08-27-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ultimate's AST-3 is about the slickest setup...
    It drops down for loading and unloading; no ramp issues whatsoever!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

We use a 7'x12' V-nose, tall, enclosed, all aluminum R&R trailer. When we unload the cots and porta-john come out and the trailer becomes our home. Lots of choices, just make sure your trailer is wide enough to load the Spyder safely, can be tilted (or has a long enough ramp) that the Spyder doesn't scrape or hit bottom when loading (or use extension ramps), and is long enough to accomodate the overhanging nose and to be able to move the Spyder a bit to adjust the tongue weight. Wheel chocks are handy for towing/loading a Spyder...especially the top-of-the-line SuperClamps. Be sure your tow vehicle and hitch is rated for the trailer and load. I prefer to tow only about 1/2 to 2/3 the rated towing capacityt for safety's sake and less strain on the tow vehicle. If your state has low limits regarding trailer brakes or you will travel to a state that does, you will need trailer brakes and a controller.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!