Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post
    Perhaps these might be worth a try???? http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/..._Reflector_Kit
    Good find!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post
    Perhaps these might be worth a try???? http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/..._Reflector_Kit
    I purchased these a couple of years ago as my used v-35's came without the reflectors.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    The number was different completely... Neither the current RS or 2013 RS/ST versions.
    I called the store up, they said it was the 2009 model year, but that they should fit the 2012.
    Is this true? Or do the 2012 units include something to make them work on the 2009?

Maybe its as simple as the older ones said GS and the newer ones had a new model because of new packaging and instructions saying RS?
    Anyone ever figure this out? Im trying to figure out which kit to order. Ive seen pictures of the kits that have the large turn signal stalks up high, but apparently there are some that mount the turn signals down low off of the rear fender? Just ordered the sport fender and need to make sure I dont end up with the kit that mounts on the old fender.

Also, if i end up getting rid of the turn signals all together using the custom dynamics triple play, can i get rid of the turn signal stalks or are they necssary for the racks to function properly?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msj4848 View Post
    Anyone ever figure this out? Im trying to figure out which kit to order. Ive seen pictures of the kits that have the large turn signal stalks up high, but apparently there are some that mount the turn signals down low off of the rear fender? Just ordered the sport fender and need to make sure I dont end up with the kit that mounts on the old fender.

Also, if i end up getting rid of the turn signals all together using the custom dynamics triple play, can i get rid of the turn signal stalks or are they necssary for the racks to function properly?
    The Givi mounting bracket is bolted on and the turn signals are mounted to the fender. The BRP mounting bracket has quick release quarter turn hardware and the turn signal stocks are extended up.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Get the givi led turn signal kit from one of the light venders and eliminate the turn signals - cleans everything up nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The Givi mounting bracket is bolted on and the turn signals are mounted to the fender. The BRP mounting bracket has quick release quarter turn hardware and the turn signal stocks are extended up.
    Are the brp signal stalks removable and/or required for the racks to function?

Spyder Garage

Required. The rack attachment point is actually part of the signal extender stalk.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingWind View Post
    Get the givi led turn signal kit from one of the light venders and eliminate the turn signals - cleans everything up nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How would you eliminate the turn signals if the stalks are a mounting point for the racks?
    Sorry for all the questions...

Spyder Garage

Default photo

I don't know whether this helps, but these are the mounting points for the monkey rack on my ST Ltd. There are 3 mounting points, one at the bottom of the indicator extension stalk, one in the black grille cover and the last one is mounted directly below the black grille cover where one of the rear wheel cover bolts goes.
    IMG_0310.jpg
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IMG_1035.jpg that's what it looks like

Spyder Garage

For my wife's bike we bought the aftermarket Givi bracket. They were much cheaper. I cut down existing turn signals to fit between the bags and the side panels they fit on. The other idea I had was to put LED light strips on each side of the rear panels to act as the turn signals. But, I then decided to cut down the signal lights and put red LED strips for extra brake lights instead.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How did you get the bags without the brp racks? Or did you get aftermarket bags too?

Spyder Garage

The BRP bags are just Givi V35 bags. We bought used bags on EBay and bought the aftermarket racks for the Spyder. You can just buy the color lids to match your Spyder if you don't just want all black bags. You can buy new bags for about $450 on EBay. The Givi racks are about $200.

I bought my set of racks from this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVI-CAN-AM-...20780b&vxp=mtr

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for you help scrive!!

Spyder Garage

The BRP rack stalks are a welded part of the rack so they would need to be cut off to remove them and bottom portion includes one of the fastening points but you could cut around that and remove the stalks but it would be a lot of work and then you would need to figure out how to attach your turn signals.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Default Saddle bags removed

Here is a photo of my ST Ltd with the saddle bags and carriers removed, hope this gives you some idea what it would look like.
    IMG_0171.jpg
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would really like to remove the signals and stalks altogether and use the brake lights as run/brake/turn, but it looks to be too much work...

Spyder Garage

You can get a rear light set that fits into the reflector area at the rear of the Givi bags and I'm sure I've read somewhere about a gadget that can turn your rear lights into turn signals as well, have a look on the Custom Dynamics site.
    http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...ccessories.htm

You could add one of their 3rd/middle brake lights and use that as you only brake light and take the wire from your indicators and wire them to your existing two brake lights, removing the brake wires first of course, hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by NZSpyderRyder; 05-02-2014 at 12:47 AM.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Fox Podium shocks

Spyder Garage

Does anyone please help I have this saddles bags on my bike and for theove if my life I can't remove the left side turnsingle mount so that I can remove the plastic to get to my battery I need to swap it out and I just can't figure this out.

Thank you
    Juejue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Juejue97 View Post
    Does anyone please help I have this saddles bags on my bike and for theove if my life I can't remove the left side turnsingle mount so that I can remove the plastic to get to my battery I need to swap it out and I just can't figure this out.

Thank you

Juejue
    Check out this installation video.
    It’s on a ST but should give you
    a pretty good idea how they are
    mounted. Good luck
    Dennis

https://youtu.be/aQ7lqRmP2lY

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift