Hybrid View

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    For someone doing a fresh install, do you need to put the body panels on before doing that adjustment or can you put the carriers on while the body panels are off and get it all properly aligned?
    They need to be left loose until the carriers are installed and the brackets are tightened into place. Basically, just install
    the carriers before you tighten the fasteners, then proceed as instructed. There is something else missing in the instructions, but I don't remember what it is. Firefly had an instructive thread about the installation that points out that error.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    They need to be left loose until the carriers are installed and the brackets are tightened into place. Basically, just install
    the carriers before you tighten the fasteners, then proceed as instructed. There is something else missing in the instructions, but I don't remember what it is. Firefly had an instructive thread about the installation that points out that error.
    A few of us had to notch out the cover on the left hand side where the bracket comes down. The bolt holes on the cover underneath the bike would not line up. I just kept trimming away to get it right. This procedure was not in my instructions, but I believe later it was added.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Capt John View Post
    A few of us had to notch out the cover on the left hand side where the bracket comes down. The bolt holes on the cover underneath the bike would not line up. I just kept trimming away to get it right. This procedure was not in my instructions, but I believe later it was added.
    Could you take a picture of where you notched it out? What tool did you use to do so? I just bought a pair of these saddle bags from 2009 so it probably has the old instructions

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Could you take a picture of where you notched it out? What tool did you use to do so? I just bought a pair of these saddle bags from 2009 so it probably has the old instructions
    You need to fit yours up to see if the panel needs to be modified. Most fit OK, and each fits a little differently, so if notching must be done to fit...it cannot be done ahead of time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can send you a pic when I get home. I'm offshore working right now. You could send ERAGS a pm. He had to notch out his also. Some people did not have to notch out at all. As far as taking the brackets off....if they are lined up correctly... they go on and off quickly. I've had mine on since 2009 and have not had to make any adjustments.

Spyder Garage

Are the two saddle bags not identical? The right side saddle bag included the rear reflector installed, the left side saddle bag did not include a rear reflector. I'm still waiting for my color panels to show up, I don't know if its different, but that just seems odd to me.

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Are the two saddle bags not identical? The right side saddle bag included the rear reflector installed, the left side saddle bag did not include a rear reflector. I'm still waiting for my color panels to show up, I don't know if its different, but that just seems odd to me.
    The bags are identical (mirror images) the reflectors are held in by the color panels, so they can be lost if you ride before the panels are installed. they can also fall out on the garage floor or the packaging.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The bags are identical (mirror images) the reflectors are held in by the color panels, so they can be lost if you ride before the panels are installed. they can also fall out on the garage floor or the packaging.
    The reflector definitely isn't anywhere to be found, I haven't begun mounting anything yet.

Guess I'll have to demand my money back.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder: