Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Remember the snowmobiles from the mid to late-sixties? If you pulled a plug that WASN'T dripping oil and jet black; you were sure that it wasn't your sled!
    Char, A new and improved heat shield will certainly help; have you been looking at yours for either obstructions in the fuel delivery system, or leaks in the air intake system? Or both??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mark has gone thru mine...finds nothing he can fix...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah... there are trade offs in everything.... One of my Valkyries.... 6 cyl, 6 carbs... I tuned for here at sealevel.... we are at 31 ft elevation. MY bike ran GREAT!!!!! would SMOKE the back tire at a twist of the wrist!!! never had to drop the clutch to light it up.... BUT... traveling on it, in the Rocky Mountains... it would SMOKE like a diesel... cut out.. and foul the plugs.... pulled th tops off of the carbs (6 of them) removed the .020 shims from under the needles ...in a motel parking lot in Montrose Co. Removed the pre filter from the K&N... and it sure ran better.... got home and had a flat spot in the mid range torque... and that was the reason I fattened it up with the shims..... Now... I also have a Harley Electraglide...fuel injected... ran GREAT in the mountains.. and at sea level But .It would adjust to the ambient.... it has a PC3 running piggyback to the ECM, and the ECM is burned to a stage 2..( the bike is stage 4) just wanted more than stock burn on the ECM incase the PC3 failed... wouldn't burn up the engine getting home if I took it easy. .............. I can do the carbs myself... need to put the Harley on the dyno and have it dialed in to make it run it's best.... I don't know.... My theory is: if ya can't fix it with a hammer and a wrench.... It's probably 'electrical"
    Last edited by hotglue; 09-02-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amen!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi All
    Just received notification that BRP has published a recall regarding the heat issues and risk to the master cylinder. It was announced today by Transport Canada and is being communicated to the dealer network.

Sent from my iPad

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HEAT ISSUES

A long time ago I posted how to get cooler air to the throttle bodies for less than $ 10.........If 5 people here actually did it I'd be really surprised to find that out........Maybe because it didn't involve any CHROME and it wasn't Uber Expensive ................From what I see on the KewlMetal product You are still Sucking Extremely HOT AIR into the throttle bodies........Annnnnnnd BRP designed that AirBox for a very good reason......just sayin ....Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RECALL

Quote Originally Posted by Attagrl View Post
    Hi All
    Just received notification that BRP has published a recall regarding the heat issues and risk to the master cylinder. It was announced today by Transport Canada and is being communicated to the dealer network.

Sent from my iPad
    I hope you read the dis-claimer for canadians only....they are not re-calling / fixing the ones bought by AMERICANS.......YET ???????
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-30-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NHTSA's reviewing the situation...
    Perhaps Severn Bridge is in Canada; I don't know it's location...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Oveheating

Did you get your heat issue problem solved?? The Dealer sent a tow trailer to pick up my ST-S to take it back to the shop, about 40 miles away. Theres 110 miles on the speedo, I’ll get it back Thursday the 4thif its fixed,. Your bike isn’t much different than mine, the troubles we’re having may be the same. Please let me know how you make out at DSHEIT65@VERIZON.NET

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    Did you get your heat issue problem solved?? The Dealer sent a tow trailer to pick up my ST-S to take it back to the shop, about 40 miles away. Theres 110 miles on the speedo, I’ll get it back Thursday the 4thif its fixed,. Your bike isn’t much different than mine, the troubles we’re having may be the same. Please let me know how you make out at DSHEIT65@VERIZON.NET
    the heat issue is better but not right...mine with 10,000 miles goes into shop Tuesday...I'll let you know what happens

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    NHTSA's reviewing the situation...
    Perhaps Severn Bridge is in Canada; I don't know it's location...
    Yes - I'm in Canada - Severn Bridge is two hours north of Toronto Ontario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A long time ago I posted how to get cooler air to the throttle bodies for less than $ 10.........If 5 people here actually did it I'd be really surprised to find that out........Maybe because it didn't involve any CHROME and it wasn't Uber Expensive ................From what I see on the KewlMetal product You are still Sucking Extremely HOT AIR into the throttle bodies........Annnnnnnd BRP designed that AirBox for a very good reason......just sayin ....Mike
    So new members are supposed to read through your 2,272 posts to find your suggestion ? Perhaps you could share it, again ?

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)