Spyder Garage

Default Seat won't unlock

I was unable to unlock my seat today, after taking of the right side top tupperware I was able to pull on the cable while pulling the seat up. once I opened it I notice that the bolt going into the hole (or what ever you call it) was loose. I tried tightening it but could not get it to align with the hole. After trying several times, i gave up and removed the housing where the bolt goes into lock.
    I guess the next time I am at the dealer I will get it fix.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Default tricky..!!

both sides have a bit of adjustment. Don't know if you have oem seat or aftermarket. In the change process many are not lined up properly. But it is tricky getting both sides just right. If you had enough let the dealer do it...some have removed the pin altogether...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Topshotta View Post
    I was unable to unlock my seat today, after taking of the right side top tupperware I was able to pull on the cable while pulling the seat up. once I opened it I notice that the bolt going into the hole (or what ever you call it) was loose. I tried tightening it but could not get it to align with the hole. After trying several times, i gave up and removed the housing where the bolt goes into lock.
    I guess the next time I am at the dealer I will get it fix.
    Getting these aligned is easy just put a pc of masking tape over the catch then put chock on the post let the seat down by hand until it just touches then lift the seat see the chock mark then you know which way to adjust move until it hits the center of the catch and the seat will work perfect
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Getting these aligned is easy just put a pc of masking tape over the catch then put chock on the post let the seat down by hand until it just touches then lift the seat see the chock mark then you know which way to adjust move until it hits the center of the catch and the seat will work perfect
    I will give this a try, thanks
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Zenagirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat won't unlatch

Quote Originally Posted by Topshotta View Post
    I will give this a try, thanks
    I am having this problem with my ST-L as well. Last Saturday I needed to fill the gas tank and I had a terrible time trying to get my seat unlatched. When it finally lifted so I could access the gas tank I noticed that the bolt was "loose" but wasn't sure what to do it. I placed with the key and turned it several times and the latch worked correctly, however, when I closed the seat and tried to open it again, it wouldn't lift up. Just another thing to have my dealer work on as soon as I can get it in! Forgot to mention I just have the stock seat.
    Last edited by Zenagirl; 09-18-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Good tip!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Had same issue, discovered seat bolts were not tight, also I replaced the spring on the latch, it was too week. You can get springs at Ace hardware. I am no means a mechanic. But was easy todo myself . Oh I did go to the dealer first and they could not figure it out .