Spyder Garage

Default RT Trunk Luggage Rack

Does anyone have this particular luggage rack?
    http://www.compacc.com/p/Show-Chrome...n-Am-Spyder-RT

Price is much less than the other ones I've seen. Just wondering if less expensive is any worse?

Also, it would be real nice if someone made a luggage rack that didn't require drilling holes.
    2014 Cognac Spyder RT-S SM6, purchased July 8, 2015
    Rivco Flag Holders
    Eduo Innovations SRT Clear/Stainless Cup Holder
    Lamonster Spyder Decals
    Inspector Gadget Driver Floorboards and Heel-Toe Shifter
    Sena SPH10H-FM Headset for Half-Helmet
    Hopnel 1500 Front Trunk Liner
    BRP Trailer Hitch and Control Module
    2014 Escape Trailer (Black and Diamond) from 1 Motorcycle Trailers

2012 Magnesium Spyder RT SM5, sold on July 8, 2015

Spyder Garage

Default rack

i had the same one on my 08 wing they are a nice rack but i believe they are only rated for 10 pounds
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Luggage Rack

I don't have this rack or any rack on the rear trunk. Only issue I see is if you install the third upper brake light, it would be blocked if you're carrying something on the rack. Long trips I think it would be handy....

Good luck in your decision. My bike has the Customer Dynamics HMT Brake Light like the following pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I just installed mine last night. Pretty straightforward install, though since it is a three dimensional install instead of a flat surface, it takes a little more care to get it right. Looks great installed.
    2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, Web Boards in Black Line-X Closed pattern, Bajaron sway bar and links, Spyderpop's Bump Skid, GloRyder remote controlled lights, show chrome rear rack, cargo nets in the all three rear bags, more to come........

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reverendg View Post
    I just installed mine last night. Pretty straightforward install, though since it is a three dimensional install instead of a flat surface, it takes a little more care to get it right. Looks great installed.
    yes I have one too. Pain to install. because of all the angles. Have to re tap the holes

for the bolt or you might snap them or cross thread the hole. but once you have it

installed it looks great. what I like about it is that it severs as a handle for closing

the lid.

Spyder Garage

Put mine on last Thurs
    I've had Show Chrome on a couple Wings and they are so
    Super. The Spyder one looks terrific and is probably another quality Show Chrome product. The 10 pound limit is just to protect their butts. I will say that I have no doubts about the rack being capable of several times that. The limitation IMHO is the Spyder lid and the abnormal angle of the trunk. It certainly hauled my "rain bag" of 20 pounds around for a few days for a test.
    I probably rechecked the hole locations 10 times, I have been know to misalign things every now and then. Actually probably more often than not,
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

DSCN0943 (2).jpgI've got the Diamond R Accessories Chrome Trunk Rack. They also come in black. It you decide to add the third light this truck rack will not block it. I was at both SpyderFest and BRP Owner's Event and noticed many Spyders have this rack. Diamond R is a SpyderLover sponsor. If you've got any questions, give Allen or Patti a call. Everything they sell is top notch!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder12 View Post
    yes I have one too. Pain to install. because of all the angles. Have to re tap the holes

for the bolt or you might snap them or cross thread the hole. but once you have it

installed it looks great. what I like about it is that it severs as a handle for closing

the lid.
    My holes were tapped just fine, the biggest threat is cross-threading by trying to start the bolts according to the lid angle, not the leg angle. I had to relieve the lower set of drilled holes a little to get a good line-up, but it went pretty well. I just took the lid and rack into the house and sat on the floor in my living room fiddling with it for about a half hour until everything seemed right, then took one bolt at a time back out, dribbled a little lock tight into the threaded hole, and tightened it up using my fingers on the short end of my allen wrench. That way my tapered washers were all set up and remained so while I secured everything.
    I had two main reasons for installing the rack, and neither were about carrying anything. I wanted a handle for opening and closing the trunk since I use it regularly, and I like the look. Additionally, the added heft does make trunk close securely every time, where it used to not latch if it was closed weakly.
    2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, Web Boards in Black Line-X Closed pattern, Bajaron sway bar and links, Spyderpop's Bump Skid, GloRyder remote controlled lights, show chrome rear rack, cargo nets in the all three rear bags, more to come........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sjcpanther View Post

Price is much less than the other ones I've seen. Just wondering if less expensive is any worse?

Also, it would be real nice if someone made a luggage rack that didn't require drilling holes.

See my previous post about this rack. I have the third HMT brakelight. It blocks the rack from fitting on your trunk lid. I had to cut out a section of the bar in the top center of the rack, and it then fit with a short stub above and below the light. It is also difficult to get the screws in straight. Good quality rack, they just didn't think it through quite enough as I think many have or will want third brake light.

Prin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prin View Post
    See my previous post about this rack. I have the third HMT brakelight. It blocks the rack from fitting on your trunk lid. I had to cut out a section of the bar in the top center of the rack, and it then fit with a short stub above and below the light. It is also difficult to get the screws in straight. Good quality rack, they just didn't think it through quite enough as I think many have or will want third brake light.

Prin

I had to Add a Second Gas Shock ,because the original one just did not hold up very well.

easy install of second gas shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reverendg View Post
    My holes were tapped just fine, the biggest threat is cross-threading by trying to start the bolts according to the lid angle, not the leg angle. I had to relieve the lower set of drilled holes a little to get a good line-up, but it went pretty well. I just took the lid and rack into the house and sat on the floor in my living room fiddling with it for about a half hour until everything seemed right, then took one bolt at a time back out, dribbled a little lock tight into the threaded hole, and tightened it up using my fingers on the short end of my allen wrench. That way my tapered washers were all set up and remained so while I secured everything.
    I had two main reasons for installing the rack, and neither were about carrying anything. I wanted a handle for opening and closing the trunk since I use it regularly, and I like the look. Additionally, the added heft does make trunk close securely every time, where it used to not latch if it was closed weakly.
    Did you add a second gas shock? It will work lot better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sjcpanther View Post

I just got my 2013 Spyder RT Limited and it had that rack on it, which looked funky to me and messed up the bike's lines. I took it off this weekend and
    used grommets to hide the drill holes. I don't think it's worth the trouble or having to drill into your trunk lid.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you keep your eyes open on places like EBay; you might be abel to get a new top panel for the trunk.
    (It's REALLY easy to replace... )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have on on my 2013 RT. I like the way it looks, and I find it to be a practical farkle. An easy install, if you take your time. I picked the spot where I wanted the rack, and put 2" wide blue painters tape on the lid. Sat the rack on the tape, and traced around the legs with a sharp pencil. Trick is to drill the holes in the trunk lid at the angle that the legs of the rack sit on the lid. The holes I drilled lined up perfectly. Cuznjohn is right, it is not rated for much weight, but we used it when we went to SpyderQuest to carry the full cover for the , and the bags for our rain gear. Worked great for that. We've used it a couple of other times as well, again for light loads, like that pair of boots that the missus had to have. (All other storage was filled to bursting). I always carry bungee cords when all of the luggage is on the. Don't demand too much of it, as it will make you tail heavy if the rear cargo is full.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Rack

I have this rack from ispectorgadgets, www.spyderrt.info/. I have had no issues with it.

Spyder Garage

I have the Diamond R black rack, does not block third light but is pricey.
    mtbear

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Luggage Rack

Hi, I bought one of these but haven't installed it. (decided to buy a trailer instead).
    If you're interested I would give you a good price for my mistake.
    thanks
    Wayne

Spyder Garage

I bought one of those racks and took it to the powder coater and had it powder coated in a black satin and then installed it on my Black 2014 RTS, i love it.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default rack

Quote Originally Posted by wayneb View Post
    Hi, I bought one of these but haven't installed it. (decided to buy a trailer instead).
    If you're interested I would give you a good price for my mistake.
    thanks
    Wayne

pm sent

Spyder Garage

Default Luggage Rack - Deflector

I have this one:

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Tr...rSpyderRT.aspx

Looks good on the bike too., vs. that 'basket' or BBQ grill effect.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    I have this one:

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Tr...rSpyderRT.aspx

Looks good on the bike too., vs. that 'basket' or BBQ grill effect.

BBQ Grill effect ?????????????? OUCH.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Chrome Rack

The chrome rack from Chrome accessories and value accessories is one in the same...install by their directions was a snap...take your time and measure 3x to be sure. Set it on the trunk, step back and see what it looks like and voila!!! drill 4 holes as they direct and install. Looks great and very functional. Will carry more than 10#, but with any weight on the rack, the trunk lid will have to be held up. Happy ryding!