Spyder Garage

Default Issues with ISCI foot brake

I just spent a bunch of money (and time) installing ISCI floorboards, highway pegs, parking brake extension and foot brake extension. My wife Nancy loves the entire setup EXCEPT the flip up brake pedal which has nearly caused two accidents when it flipped up and was therefore unusable as a brake pedal in the heat of the moment. We do not have a hand brake. ISCI is being very nice and sending a fixed version that does not flip up. My question to all of you on SpyderLovers is hasn't someone else had this issue? Or does everyone just spend twice as much money and get the hand brake as well??
    Mike in Southern Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default hand brake

i installed the hand brake and i like it but i am having a few issues. first is it seems to need a second pump on the handle to get it to stop the bike, i have bled it a couple of times to get the air out but it keeps happening , second if you have small hands the stock lever will not be good for you, i have large hands so it is ok for me but they sell another lever that is curved in for smaller hands but it is another 199.00 so that's up to you. i might go for the extra money for the other handle because twice when applying the brakes for some reason i end up accelerating the throttle and it is not the best thing to happen
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME