Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuryakyn parts

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn parts

This is Darren from Kuryakyn, If anyone has any questions or comments please let me know i would love to hear from the spyder community.

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Default Support SE5 models with ISO Grips

Come up with a grip that goes over the existing grip similar to the GW clamshell grips however it works with the SE5 model. Cutting the end of the existing grip wasn't a major chore however grinding at the SE5 paddle was a little tedious and I would suspect that others would like to have different grips without giving up the heat, as well as without the grinding of the paddle, however I am making a LARGE ASSUMPTION on this.

Spyder Garage

Are you a site sponsor?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Are you a site sponsor?
    Doesn't look like he's selling anything
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kuryman12 View Post
    This is Darren from Kuryakyn, If anyone has any questions or comments please let me know i would love to hear from the spyder community.

Thank you
    I purchased the kuryakan widow driver foot peg for my RSS and I an constantly having to tighten the screw even after using loctite. I feel like they may fall off while I am riding. Am i missing something in the installation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you

Well, I went to the Kuryakin tent in Rapid City, during the Sturgis 2013, and they were not aware of any product for the Spyder, actually they did not give me any attention when they heard I was looking for something for the Spyder. Because of that I am not considering Kuryakin among my accessories providers, not even for my Harley. That's what poor customer attention does !
    Last edited by zarapa; 08-20-2013 at 01:21 PM.

arntufun

Absolutely the best handlebar grips I have ever used.

Was sad to see that you folks pulled out of Americade this year. Hope you all return, because it wasn't the same vendor area without you. I know the prices to vendors are crazy high, maybe think about setting up in Warrensburg, NY where the prices are more realistic.

You should become a site sponsor, we'd love to have you onboard.....

Spyder Garage

I have multiple Kuryakyn products on my Spyder and enjoy them all. I ride a 2008 GS and the grips work fine for me. More widow products for the Spyder please.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like their Sturgis rep may have been misinformed... or didn't understand the question.

They even have a web page devoted to their Spyder products: http://www.kuryakyn.com/metric/can-am

While all of the products are not specific to the Spyder, there are some.
    --
    Central Arkansas
    2010 RS-S SE5 Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Handle bar grips

Thank you
    I have a 2012 Spyder RT Limited SE5 and am looking to replace the factory ones. They are to narrow for my hands and hate the rubber feel. I live in AZ were it gets to 110 - 120 and would also like a cooler grip. Do you have any? RJ

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zarapa View Post
    Well, I went to the Kuryakin tent in Rapid City, during the Sturgis 2013, and they were not aware of any product for the Spyder, actually they did not give me any attention when they heard I was looking for something for the Spyder. Because of that I am not considering Kuryakin among my accessories providers, not even for my Harley. That's what poor customer attention does !
    This was the same treatment I received when I was there. They were rude when it came to my Spyder needs. Their loss

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

"You never get a second chance to make a good first impression."

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

Being new to the motorcycle thing, I've never heard of these guys....maybe that was the OP's purpose? lol

I see these on the link above http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/379...Rear-Axle-Caps wonder how well they stay on if just "stuck" on?

Spyder Garage

I have purchased a quite a few items directly from Kuryakyn and from dealers for my Goldwings and Spyder. The treatment from them has always been great and the service was great also. Fit has always been good. Finish had some issues a few years ago but they always stood behind their products.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    I have purchased a quite a few items directly from Kuryakyn and from dealers for my Goldwings and Spyder. The treatment from them has always been great and the service was great also. Fit has always been good. Finish had some issues a few years ago but they always stood behind their products.

Always good to get a first hand review.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Being new to the motorcycle thing, I've never heard of these guys....maybe that was the OP's purpose? lol

I see these on the link above http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/379...Rear-Axle-Caps wonder how well they stay on if just "stuck" on?
    It sticks on, seems pretty solid..................time will tell.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Topshotta View Post
    It sticks on, seems pretty solid..................time will tell.

Thanks.

I think my concern is that they stick on and the bikes get hot, that makes sticky not stick in most cases. lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Thanks.

I think my concern is that they stick on and the bikes get hot, that makes sticky not stick in most cases. lol
    I check it occasionally to make sure it's good. Had it on for a month and so far so good. I am not sure how long it will hold, just hope that I can catch it before it falls off.

Spyder Garage

They are cool and not too pricey, I'll have to try them out. Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear that

Im sorry to hear that you were treated like that, I handle all the warranty and actually have 3 years experience beofre coming here with the Spyders and 30 years as a metric mechanic. I strive to take care of people and customer service is our number 1 priority, ive worked for a couple of shops and dealt with alot also and have never seen or been able to take care of people like i am able to here, if you give me a chance i will show you no one else will take care of you like we do , and im sorry you were treated that way, we cant have that, emailme at dpl@kuryakyn.com if you have any issues.

Thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Keeping peg tight

I install many pegs at the rallies and dont really see any issues with the zombie or widow pegs coming loose. what color of loctite did you use. how old are the pegs? let me know and we can go from there.

thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

we appreciate the support, hopefully we can get back up there soon, the only good thing is Laconia is so close!

Thank you

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Topshotta View Post
    I purchased the kuryakan widow driver foot peg for my RSS and I an constantly having to tighten the screw even after using loctite. I feel like they may fall off while I am riding. Am i missing something in the installation.
    I agree I have the widow pegs too on my 2012 rss se5 and they r always Loose no matter how much i tightened it i used blue loctite like i do on most everything (once in awhile i may use red). I had the flame grips too and one rain shower they started to pit. Not a quality product.
    Last edited by ScarMace; 08-21-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScarMace View Post
    I agree I have the widow pegs too on my 2012 rss se5 and they r always Loose no matter how much i tightened it i used blue loctite like i do on most everything (once in awhile i may use red). I had the flame grips too and one rain shower they started to pit. Not a quality product.
    I have the widow pegs also and use internal lock washers and do not have a problem with movement. I use the internal rather than external because the internal lock washers are less likely to be seen.

Spyder Garage

I install many pegs at the rallies and dont really see any issues with the zombie or widow pegs coming loose. what color of loctite did you use. how old are the pegs? let me know and we can go from there.

thank you
    I used the 271 high strength Red and only had them on for a month and I am not that heavy either