Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty AFTER your original one has lapsed

Hi All,

I see that many of you have gone with B.E.S.T. as a warranty option before your original warranty was over. Generally warranties seem to never satisfy everyone, but it seems BEST does an overall good job.

But has anybody gotten a warranty plan that was somewhat reasonable in price after their original one was over? I was given a quote from the dealership. Cost was $2100 for three years. The condition was that your model year has to not be older then 5 model years. Mines a 2008, so i have this year to decide.

Thanks in advance,
    Fas

Spyder Garage

Default best warranty

Run away from your dealer I heard you can get it from Berts mega mall ,for 800 dollars , one for the supporting dealers there is a person to call, look it up on spyderlovers look up UPDATE!!! BEST warranty information from Bert's Mega Mall $749
    Last edited by jtoro1; 08-16-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I agree that your dealer is charging way too much. My understanding is the BEST warranty has to be purchased before the original warranty lapses. However, it wouldn't hurt to call Bryce Page at Berts Mega Mall. His number is 626-430-9449. Bryce is the only one at Berts authorized to give an extra discount to Spyderlovers members, so don't talk to anyone else there about it.

There are other alternatives to the BEST warranty if you can't get one. Search for extended warranties in the forum and you should get several threads.

Good luck.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds to me like the OP original warranty has expired which would make them ineligible for the BEST.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Need to keep in mind the age of this spyder. 08 I believe. That would make it 5 years old. I don't think the mentioned price is all that much out of line given the age.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Need to keep in mind the age of this spyder. 08 I believe. That would make it 5 years old. I don't think the mentioned price is all that much out of line given the age.

Chris
    I agree, I'd obviously check with the site sponsor to be sure, but with an '08 this seems an apples to oranges comparison.
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Spyder Garage

If an 08 Spyder doesn't have more than $2100 in repair bills in the next three years I would be really really surprised.... unless its being ridden like a Harley i.e. 3000 miles per year LOL
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default Can't extend BEST if the warranty is already expired.

I had recently contacted Bryce to see if I could get a BEST warranty, but she couldn't do it as my '08 Spyder GS was already out of warranty. Once it runs out, you can't extend it.
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Spyder Garage

Pic. well thanks for all of your suggestions. I will shop around for some warranties and will let you know what I find.
    Fas

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Spyder Garage

Default Just Got Ome

Quote Originally Posted by fas2000 View Post
    Hi All,

I see that many of you have gone with B.E.S.T. as a warranty option before your original warranty was over. Generally warranties seem to never satisfy everyone, but it seems BEST does an overall good job.

But has anybody gotten a warranty plan that was somewhat reasonable in price after their original one was over? I was given a quote from the dealership. Cost was $2100 for three years. The condition was that your model year has to not be older then 5 model years. Mines a 2008, so i have this year to decide.

Thanks in advance,
    Fas
    I was in the same boat and just got a warranty with the United States Warranty Group. Search for Extended Warranty where I posted the information. Good Luck!
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5