Thread: Sales Numbers

Spyder Garage

Default Sales Numbers

I'm curious if BRP releases sales numbers on the Spyders and the RS in general.
    I bought a 2012 RS-S last year. Its been a great machine, but I've only seen one or two other Spyder RS machines on the road, whereas I've seen many RT's.

One of the local dealers tried claiming to me the RS was discontinued earlier in the year, which I immediately saw as BS since I had just received the 2013 catalog with all of the 2013 models and accessories (Yes, it shares a lot more parts with the ST and RT now, but that's good IMO)

The dealer I bought mine from, as of yesterday, still has a 2012 RS-S on the showroom floor they have been trying to get rid of...

Are there places where the RS series is more popular than here in Minnesota? Or did sales of the RS completely fall off the charts when the RTs and STs came out?

(I personally love the handling of the RS and wouldn't want an RT for every day commutes)

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

2012 Spyder RT-SE5 Gray 5-31-12 First 5,075 miles on 10-8-12
    NBV kit highway brackets with pegs Bajaron sway bar Lave exh wrap
    Grip Buddies AirHawk 2 His & Her's Walmart Front driving lights
    Spyderpops upper block off plate, belt guard, bump Skid
    BRP
    trailer hitch Napa 6 to 4 wire power converter Ram GPS upper dash
    Baker build air wings the New 3 piece full set Kewl Metal GPS hand bar
    Inspector Gadgets rear mudd flap type, Air deflectors upper & lower A-frame

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I know here in Dallas every Spyder I have seen on the road is an RS or RSS. I know there are a few owners on here in my area that have RT's or ST's but I have never seen them on the raod. I would think large cities where there is alot of short commuting might have higher RS and RSS sales numbers.
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange monster View Post
    I know here in Dallas every Spyder I have seen on the road is an RS or RSS. I know there are a few owners on here in my area that have RT's or ST's but I have never seen them on the raod. I would think large cities where there is alot of short commuting might have higher RS and RSS sales numbers.
    This was us last Sunday in Edgewood,TX on a breakfast ride. 1-RS and 1-RSS and 4-RT's. you need to join our group.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376579688.516900.jpg
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that I'd want to find another dealer if he says that the RS series has been discontinued...
    What other tall tales is he going to spin for you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I think that I'd want to find another dealer if he says that the RS series has been discontinued...
    What other tall tales is he going to spin for you?
    The dealer that told me the RS was discontinued also tried screwing me over when I was there a year ago by not offering me factory financing... I ended up buying the RS-S elsewhere... the only reason I went back was they were near by and I had lost my gloves

(That and I asked them all sorts of questions on the SeaDoos before going back to the place that treated me better and buying one there)

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

It is obvious that the dealer either does not know what is going on, or is feeding you a BS line in order to move stock that he has.

It used to be: if you wanted a sport bike , then you bought a RS or a RSS.

If you want a touring , then you bought an RT.

Now--you have the option of a mix of the two--the ST models.

In my area, I see many more RT's than RS models out and about. This is going to change from area to area because of the demographics of the population. Cost is also another factor. The RS is a less expensive ride than the ST or the RT.

There has been some speculation that the RS may be replaced by the ST--but it is speculation only. I am thinking they will keep the RS configuration around in order to have that base model coming in at around $17,000-$18,000.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'd agree that the RS is likely to stay around, they redesigned it for 2013 so that the RS and ST are really the same machine, minus the headlights/dash/windshield... They share the same parts and accessories. Had they not done that, it would have been a more inefficient process to keep all 3 models around.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Personally I prefer the RSS , I have an 2011 and 26,000 miles on it. of course I live in the Metro Atlanta area so the weather really doesn't get that harsh in the winter months. I ran into Dominique Wilkins riding his wife's RT and I have seen a few of those around but I have seen more RS models than any other,.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP did go public earlier this year so I would imagine that they will have to release sales numbers to their shareholders.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's the earlier years that will keep us all guessing...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    BRP did go public earlier this year so I would imagine that they will have to release sales numbers to their shareholders.
    That will be interesting, but seeing Apple's example, they may not break it down beyond Spyders in general...

I didn't know they just went public, I figured they always were... I wonder if that is why they shut down the SeaDoo boat division... My understanding was they were profitable and had a huge share of the jet boat market, but it wasn't big enough to make it worth while... (Really?!?)....

I just hope they don't do that to the RS!

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder: