Spyder Garage

Default CALIFORNIA DEALERSHIP GOES ABOVE & BEYOND

Just had to tell everyone of an increadible experience that my wife and I had on our journey to 'Spyders in the Redwoods'. This journey started in Washington State and was our first extended trip on our first Spyder. Never having traveled by motorcycle before, we set out on a three week trip to visit family and friends and attend our first 'SITR' event! In Grants Pass OR on day two we decided to have lunch after refueling. We jumped back on our trike only to have the "check engine" light greet us, and we were stuck. Limping around GP we stopped in some shade in front of a kind man's house. He gave us refuge until a tow truck could reach us three hours later. When the trike saw the tow truck it started up and ran fine! We canceled our emergency hotel reservation in Medford (nearest Can-Am dealership) and made off for our B&B near Redding. Bike ran great until a stop for burgers, then we had to 'LIMP' to the B&B. That's where this story begins. *** Next day we called the local dealership in Redding (and please make note of them) REDDING YAMAHA & SEA-DOO (RYS) at 1936 Twin View Blvd. They told us they could squeeze us in and we drove into town, with the trike running fine again. Upon arrival the CheckEngine light reappeared. Ken and his service tech Rex hooked it up and determined the throttle body was the culprit. The needed part was ordered and the owner Paula lent us her personal vehicle so we could drive back to our B&B and spend a second night. The next day at RYS the part had missed a delivery cutoff time. Looked like we were stuck half way to our destination. RYS owner, Steve McCarley, helped me connect with a representive at BRP who I asked for help with a rental car. He could only offer me a $100 accessory credit. Having already spent $35 G's on this machine, I did not want any more accessories. I was disappointed that it was broken, halfway to my destination. Steve, having listened to this, took the phone and said to the man at BRP... "Where is the customer service?" but got no further. He proceeded to call his rep and between them they designated a brand new RT on the lot as a demo, put our luggage in it and us on it, and we went on our way smiling. We are AMAZED how this dealership saw our disappointment in our first motorcycle and found a way to make things right. I would like to formally thank Steve and Paula McCarley and their staff at RYS for bending over backwards in customer service and attention. If you are ever cruising through Redding CA, be sure to honk as you pass RYS. Better yet pull off the road and have your Spyder WELL cared for.

Spyder Garage

Default Great story

So good to hear a positive story about a dealer
    Loving the RYDE

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing..!!

it could be a trend...several stories now about great dealers. Glad you found them and were able to complete your travels with the least amount of delays...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is fantastic. Love to hear about the good guys out there
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this. All too often we just hear the horror stories! Also, thanks to Redding Yamaha & Sea-Doo. Why don't you invite them to join here?

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the post and giving credit where credit is due. Always refreshing to read something like this.

Spyder Garage

Default spyder

I also was at SITR and I do remember talking with you and your problems and mine.I had made 3 trips to 3 dealers in LODI/RENO/MT.VERNON and they also treated me great.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We often head up towards Redding. Nice to know an excellent dealer up there. Hope that they can gain some business and sales because of this!

Spyder Garage

Default Great dealer

Great story,

We are going often north from the Bay Area in CA, few weeks ago we went all the way to Seattle and spent few nights at Federal Way

just copied their contact information to my contact list, will stop there if needed next time.

Thanks
    I
    This message was sent between rides

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you found a real "Keeper"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting. Always good to hear of great dealers and staff.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Always great to hear about good customer service from dealers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Good vs Evil

I would be willing to wager that if more good posts were made on Dealer Services they would out number the "evil" dealerships. Who knows maybe all the "pamming" we have done is starting to be noticed. I know my dealer gives me his full attention when I walk in with my iPad in hand because he knows he is fixing to see something good or bad pertaining to BRP.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I heard this story in person at Spyders in the Redwoods.
    I love to hear stories about Spyder Dealers stepping up and providing service above and beyond.

Thanks to the REDDING YAMAHA & SEA-DOO restoring our faith in the dealers.

I plan to make sure to stop in and say thanks in person the next time I am in the area. I will be sure to also spend a few dollars while I am there!
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the kind words

Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure dealing with you and your wife. I am glad that everything worked out and you had a great trip. There is nothing worse than breaking down so far from home, hopefully we made your down time as good as possible. Thanks again.
    Ken Templeton
    Service Manager
    Redding Yamaha Sea doo and Can Am

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

This is awesome!
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reddingyamahaseadoo View Post
    Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure dealing with you and your wife. I am glad that everything worked out and you had a great trip. There is nothing worse than breaking down so far from home, hopefully we made your down time as good as possible. Thanks again.
    Ken Templeton
    Service Manager
    For you Redding

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Kudos to you Ken, great to hear a great dealer story!
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reddingyamahaseadoo View Post
    Ken Templeton
    Service Manager
    Credit where credit is due, Ken! You've raised the game and I hope that you profit from that. Good to hear!!