Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a COUNT for the Spyders "Not Afraid of the Dark" Ryde

All -
    It's less than 2 weeks until our next Spyder group ryde, so I want a count of the number of ryders that are planning to go. Please post a reply to this forum if you are planning to meet up in Eatonville on Saturday morning, August 24th.
    Thank you...

Spyders "Not Afraid Of The Dark" Ryde

Looking for a day-long ryding adventure this summer? Well, look no further!

On Saturday, August 24th, Spyder Owners and Friends can join in on a ryde to the APE CAVES near Cougar, WA. This is on the SOUTH side of Mount St. Helens, and covers some of the most beautiful twisty roads you can find.

Since this is entirely in the southern region of the state (in Pierce/Lewis/Thurston Counties), we will START our journey at Bruno's Restaurant in Eatonville, WA. (204 Center St E, Eatonville, WA. www.eatbrunos.com) Please be there by 8:30AM. They serve a fine breakfast there and the doors open at 7AM on the weekends, so arrive early if you want to fill your belly.

TRIP TO THE CAVES:
    We will have a pre-ride meeting by 8:45AM, and will be rolling out at 9:00 AM. From there we will head south to Morton (Hwy 7), East to Randle (Hwy 12), then south again on Forest Service Road 25. From there, we head west on Hwy 90 to the Ape Caves near Cougar, WA. Total ryde time is a little over 2 hours, so we'll have a quick stop in Randle to take care of business.

What you will need:
    1. A Day-Use Forest Service Pass. It's $5 per vehicle, and you can pick one up in Randle when we make our pit stop. I would recommend that you purchase them in advance and online at: http://www.discovernw.org/store_nati...nly_09944.html
    2. TWO Flashlights or Battery Lanterns. One won't cut it - you NEED a backup.
    3. A Warm Shirt or Light Jacket. The inside of the cave is 42 degrees year-round, and you are in there long enough to feel the chill.
    4. Good Hiking Shoes or Boots. The floor of the cave is abrasive lava rock, which can do a number on your flip-flops.
    5. Some Snacks and Drinking Water. We will be arriving at the caves right around lunch time, and you WILL get hungry after exploring the caves for an hour or two.

Information on the Ape Caves:
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mount...a/?recid=40393

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT NO PETS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE APE CAVES ***

RETURN TRIP:
    For our return trip, we'll head into Cougar, WA to top off our tanks, then we will head back east on Hwy 90, north on Forest Service Road 25, and another quick stop in Randle. From there, we will head EAST from on Hwy 12, then North on Hwy 123 to Cayuse Pass. Then it's back west on Hwy 410 to Clem's in Enumclaw. Total distance for the return trip is 144 miles, and about 3.5 hours.

Please post if you are interested in joining in this ride...And let me know if you have ANY questions!

See you then.

Where I've been on my Spyder...

Spyder Garage

Hey that ride sounds cool, I've never been to those caves. and you hit a weekend it looks like ill be on the west side! count me in. send me a pm or something on what time your leavin in the morn, id just as soon follow you up. I am planning to do the North Cascade Hwy across the state this weekend..has anyone taken their Spyder mud boggin yet? roads lookin interesting, or whats left of it. Troy

Spyder Garage

Default Well..!!

I'm not afraid of the dark but I am afraid I can't make it.. have a great ryde..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default NAOTDR

I will be going one up. Can I MEET UP WITH YOU AS YOU SLIP BY HERE ON YOUR WAY TO EATONVILLE?

Quote Originally Posted by wukka View Post
    All -
    It's less than 2 weeks until our next Spyder group ryde, so I want a count of the number of ryders that are planning to go. Please post a reply to this forum if you are planning to meet up in Eatonville on Saturday morning, August 24th.
    Thank you...

On Saturday, August 24th, Spyder Owners and Friends can join in on a ryde to the APE CAVES near Cougar, WA. This is on the SOUTH side of Mount St. Helens, and covers some of the most beautiful twisty roads you can find.

Since this is entirely in the southern region of the state (in Pierce/Lewis/Thurston Counties), we will START our journey at Bruno's Restaurant in Eatonville, WA. (204 Center St E, Eatonville, WA. www.eatbrunos.com) Please be there by 8:30AM. They serve a fine breakfast there and the doors open at 7AM on the weekends, so arrive early if you want to fill your belly.

TRIP TO THE CAVES:
    We will have a pre-ride meeting by 8:45AM, and will be rolling out at 9:00 AM. From there we will head south to Morton (Hwy 7), East to Randle (Hwy 12), then south again on Forest Service Road 25. From there, we head west on Hwy 90 to the Ape Caves near Cougar, WA. Total ryde time is a little over 2 hours, so we'll have a quick stop in Randle to take care of business.

What you will need:
    1. A Day-Use Forest Service Pass. It's $5 per vehicle, and you can pick one up in Randle when we make our pit stop. I would recommend that you purchase them in advance and online at: http://www.discovernw.org/store_nati...nly_09944.html
    3. A Warm Shirt or Light Jacket. The inside of the cave is 42 degrees year-round, and you are in there long enough to feel the chill.
    4. Good Hiking Shoes or Boots. The floor of the cave is abrasive lava rock, which can do a number on your flip-flops.
    5. Some Snacks and Drinking Water. We will be arriving at the caves right around lunch time, and you WILL get hungry after exploring the caves for an hour or two.

RETURN TRIP:
    For our return trip, we'll head into Cougar, WA to top off our tanks, then we will head back east on Hwy 90, north on Forest Service Road 25, and another quick stop in Randle. From there, we will head EAST from on Hwy 12, then North on Hwy 123 to Cayuse Pass. Then it's back west on Hwy 410 to Clem's in Enumclaw. Total distance for the return trip is 144 miles, and about 3.5 hours.

Please post if you are interested in joining in this ride...And let me know if you have ANY questions!

See you then.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Hey that ride sounds cool, I've never been to those caves. and you hit a weekend it looks like ill be on the west side! count me in. send me a pm or something on what time your leavin in the morn, id just as soon follow you up. I am planning to do the North Cascade Hwy across the state this weekend..has anyone taken their Spyder mud boggin yet? roads lookin interesting, or whats left of it. Troy
    Troy - I plan on leaving for Eatonville around 7AM to have breakfast at Bruno's. How about we meet up at (what's left of) 4 corners, by the coffee shop/DQ - just like the last ride? Let me know...Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman051 View Post
    I will be going one up. Can I MEET UP WITH YOU AS YOU SLIP BY HERE ON YOUR WAY TO EATONVILLE?
    Steve - Will be coming the 'back way' - via Orting/South Prairie...what way will you be ryding in?

Spyder Garage

Default Parking Pass

UPDATE: I ordered my day pass online, and while you do have to pay postage (which adds significantly to the $5 fee), I got the pass in the mail in ONE DAY. Pretty darn' convenient...

Spyder Garage

Lauren and I are planning on doing this ride as the Five-Wheel Gang (me on my RT and her on her Vulcan).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    You mean something like this???

troy_mudboggin.jpg

Spyder Garage

You mean something like this???

troy_mudboggin.jpg
    Ya just like that! we are gonna see how far we can get down the road on fri. Ill meet you in 4 corners at 7am on the 24. Troy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shel_TK View Post
    Lauren and I are planning on doing this ride as the Five-Wheel Gang (me on my RT and her on her Vulcan).
    Awesome! This promises to be a great adventure!!!

Spyder Garage

We would love to go on your adventure, but since we live in Fl the only cave we have here is up in the panhandle of FL and you only go about 30 feet and you get lime rock and more lime rock and more lime rock, BUT it is a cave. Please take some picks so we feel like we were there. Be safe and have fun.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default sumner /orting meetup

I will be going up to sumner from here along the east valley rd. could meet you in sumner at Fred meyers or in orting at the lions field out on east side of town..FUN TIMES.

Steve - Will be coming the 'back way' - via Orting/South Prairie...what way will you be ryding in?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman051 View Post
    I will be going up to sumner from here along the east valley rd. could meet you in sumner at Fred meyers or in orting at the lions field out on east side of town..FUN TIMES.
    Steve - If the Lion's Field is right off of Orville Road East, that would be best because that is the way we are heading to Eatonville. Should be there around 7:40 to 7:50. If you can be right along Orville Road, we can find you and ride from there...Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the Shop

Joe,

Well I would like to make this ride and adventure with you all, but the is in the shop due to the clutch is slipping..... So you guys have fun and I will wait to see all the pictures of the trip.....

Bruce

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Orville rd e

That's it I will see you there then. Ride safe

Steve - If the Lion's Field is right off of Orville Road East, that would be best because that is the way we are heading to Eatonville. Should be there around 7:40 to 7:50. If you can be right along Orville Road, we can find you and ride from there...Joe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks like I may be able to make it. Hope to see you all in Eatonville.

Spyder Garage

Wink YES

All -
    Thank you...

TRIP TO THE CAVES:

What you will need:

RETURN TRIP:

See you then.
    My husband (Mike) and I will be there! We need an excuse to ride! LOL (Barbara and Mike Hays from Sandy, OR)

Spyder Garage

Sorry for the late notice, but hopefully you catch thisbefore you leave. We will try to meet up with you around 10:00 in Randal
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Its raining up where I live.....No raingear, I'm going to wait half hour more and see what happens....Have fun.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFin View Post
    Its raining up where I live.....No raingear, I'm going to wait half hour more and see what happens....Have fun.
    I decided to go in the rain and hoped it would stop raining down below. Got about 15 miles to the town of Burnett and was about as wet as I wanted to get....Turned around and came back. Hope you all faired better.
    Last edited by HuckFin; 08-24-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

No rain, the ride and the caves were awesome. Thanks Wukka

Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Heliplt View Post
    No rain, the ride and the caves were awesome. Thanks Wukka

Great!...Any pictures?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFin View Post
    Great!...Any pictures?
    Just posted...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Dark-quot-Ryde