Thread: Garmin

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Arrow Garmin

does anyone know if the Zumo 660 on the ST limited is compatible with I phone 5 and has free map updates. looking at both the ST-S and ST limited and trying to determine if the limited is worth $1400 more. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default More then Garmin

Besides the Garmin, you get the radio with bluetooth (Iphone compatible), saddle bags, heated grips and trunck inner protector, more like a $3000.00 value.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Only if

Only you plan on buying them later on

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

No lifetime maps on the BRP (Limited) edition of the Garmin GPS.

Spyder Garage

Default buy later

not sure what your point is, pay $1400 now or $3000 later

Spyder Garage

Default GARMIN

Do what I did. Bought an ST-S and had the heated grips added for about $400 parts and labor. I have an IPhone 4S with TomTom app ($39.95). Free lifetime map updates. I also added the Iheart radio app (free) and bought a Zena Bluetooth headset. Now I have free radio and a GPS to boot! Also bought a RAM mount to mount Iphone in center of handlebar. Total cost? Less than $700.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default Saddlebags

I forgot to mention that I added Nelson Rigg soft sided saddlebags with rain covers for $135. An ST or ST-S can be equipped as good as an ST Ltd for a lot less money if you wanting to save $. Not knocking the Ltd, mind you, just stating that you can save some major dollars.

Spyder Garage

Default savings

I'm sure you can save, I guess brp can stop production of the ST-Limited and upgrade the ST-S with your mod, just saying

Spyder Garage

Cool One More Thing To Consider

Just to be perfectly clear, I own a ST Limited. I'm using my Corbin Seats from my RS trade in so I have no idea regarding the seat. Read the lists of included equipment. One item on the ST-S equipment is not included on the ST-Limited and that is Fox Racing Shocks. If you buy a Limited, be aware it is not set up for aggressive cornering. For less than $400 they can be added, but they are not stock.

Spyder Garage

Default FOX SHOCKS

The Fox shocks are not standard on the ST-S. They have to be purchased as an option.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I agree...

I have to agree that the ST-L is the best bargain of the St lineup (In my humble opinion, of course). if anyone would ever even consider adding at a later time the color matched saddle bags, a Nav system, or desire radio/Ipod for music, the ST-L is a bargain for only a few tousand more than the ST-S. Granted, I will have to add the Fox racing shox, but that's about the only thing the ST-L doesn't come with. Separately, those items are much more to add. Sure you could save a few bucks by buying different saddlebags, buying your own nav and a mounting harness, or using your phone and its built in speaker for navigation, but you would not have as clean an install, warranty on the install, or color matched storage (in the case of the aftermarket saddlebags). I am not knocking anyone who choses to go this route, but rather am expressing that it was more important for me to have the pleasing asthetic aspects of the "extras" that the ST-L came with versus wanting to substitute with another similar product aftermarket. It boils down to a matter of opinion, and I have simply expressed mine...right or wrong

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Map Updates

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Scotty .. .thought the above was true and was preparing to pay for my map upgrade. However, when I plugged the Garmin 660 into my computer and brought up the upgrade utility, it did it all for free. A pleasant surprise to say the least!

Best Regards ... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

\
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    Scotty .. .thought the above was true and was preparing to pay for my map upgrade. However, when I plugged the Garmin 660 into my computer and brought up the upgrade utility, it did it all for free. A pleasant surprise to say the least!

Best Regards ... Ann
    They all have one free upgrade within six months of registration. Future upgrades require a single payment upgrade or a liftime subscription. If yours says it has the Liifetime Maps (LM) option, it is the first I have heard of.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post

Best Regards ... Ann
    Ann could you recheck to see if the Garmin you got is a 660LM model. Mine was not. You get one free map upgrade within 90 days of turning the unit on for the first time. That may be what happened. If you do have the LM model I would like to know. Thanks

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Lifetime updates

I bought a lifetime update on sale for $69.95 on a Black Friday online sale for my 660, you get a code, with this code you go online hook up your Garmin to your computer and download the map updater, input the code, it now checks to see if the 660 is there, when it finds it, it updates the maps if needed, then it asks if you want to install an agent to keep an eye out for future map updates, when the notification come up on your Desktop, hook the 660 up to your computer, the agent detects your 660 and the maps get updated, they update the maps 4 times a year, so far I have updated mine twice.

Here's the link
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod33379.html

You dont have to buy from Garmin, I bought mine from GPSCity on sale on Black Friday for $69.95

Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DRTSB View Post
    I bought a lifetime update on sale for $69.95 on a Black Friday online sale for my 660, you get a code, with this code you go online hook up your Garmin to your computer and download the map updater, input the code, it now checks to see if the 660 is there, when it finds it, it updates the maps if needed, then it asks if you want to install an agent to keep an eye out for future map updates, when the notification come up on your Desktop, hook the 660 up to your computer, the agent detects your 660 and the maps get updated, they update the maps 4 times a year, so far I have updated mine twice.

Here's the link
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod33379.html

You dont have to buy from Garmin, I bought mine from GPSCity on sale on Black Friday for $69.95

Dave
    I did not think of GPScity for a bargain price on lifetime maps. Thanks

I still want to know if some folks are getting a 660LM with their spyders.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default fox shocks

why would they put fox shocks on the ST-S only and not the ST-limited, it don't make sense to me. I know they come as standard on rs or gs model, and optional on the ST

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    why would they put fox shocks on the ST-S only and not the ST-limited, it don't make sense to me. I know they come as standard on rs or gs model, and optional on the ST
    Fox shocks are not a factory option on the ST-S. You need to buy them as an accessory and then install them or have them installed. The the Fox shocks is a RS optional kit that also comes with the upgraded sway-bar.

Carl

Spyder Garage

Sounds reasonable to me, thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    does anyone know if the Zumo 660 on the ST limited is compatible with I phone 5 and has free map updates. looking at both the ST-S and ST limited and trying to determine if the limited is worth $1400 more. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Here is what I did on my 2010 Rt. it uses tne BRP GPS harness and my iPhone which is now a 4s. It's pretty bright in direct sunlight and mutes the RT audio when the GPS "speaks". Total cost about $235 and I get an extra 12v outlet to boot. Don't know the specifics for the GPS harness on the ST.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...stall-complete
    Last edited by dadof4; 08-11-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default chrome wheels STL

dont forget the 12 spoke chrome wheels that you get on the STL they are quite nice

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    dont forget the 12 spoke chrome wheels that you get on the STL they are quite nice
    Assuming you like chrome

I went with the STS because of the dark grey and black wheels and trim everywhere. The floorboards, exhaust etc are all black.

Then I added in the saddlebags for $1000 (who pays retail?) and a GPS for $190ish.

I looked at going the other way from an ST-L to the blacked out look on the ST-S and the paint work alone would make it not worth it.

But the ST-L is a nice deal if you're into chrome.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

\

They all have one free upgrade within six months of registration. Future upgrades require a single payment upgrade or a liftime subscription. If yours says it has the Liifetime Maps (LM) option, it is the first I have heard of.

Garmin has both the Zumo 665 and Zumo 665LM for $799.99. The LM is "Lifetime Maps" and sells for the same price as the basic 665.

Zumo 665: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...prod65203.html

Zumo 665LM: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...rod120318.html

Hope this helps!