Dear MASR/SR Alumni … It’s time again!

The Maryland Can Am Spyder Web (MCASW) (www.meetup.com/marylandspyderweb) is again sponsoring/hosting the Fall2013 Mid Atlantic Spyder Ryde and Scooter Rally. The event will be held September 27-29th,2013. Rally HQ is the Country Squire Motel, New Holland, PA.

I live in SW BaltimoreCounty, MD. If any Maryland-based attendees wish to ride out to NewHolland with me, please contact me personally.

At least two Ride Captains,including myself, will be leading sanctioned rides of up to 15 bikes, overtwo separate routes. As we have done since Fall of last year, it isimportant to break the Saturday ride into smaller groups for ride enjoyment andsafety. If you would like to be a Ride Captain, please step forward bycontacting me personally. Please Note: Being a ride captain isdifferent than leading a group of your club buddies (while that’s fine too, butnot sanctioned by MASR). A MASR/SR ride captain is willing to takeresponsibility for a group of up to 15 different riders of varying capabilityfor the days ride, to include riding a sanctioned route, obeying speed limitsand guiding the group safely from start to finish, to include reststops. If you are interested in accepting this responsibility, pleaseemail me directly.

Group A will be mygroup. I am programming a longer ride of 130 or so miles north toward theBlue Mountains and back. More details to follow.

Group B will led by ScottGilliland & Sons, barring unforeseen circumstances. It will be ashorter, route more appropriate for newer riders and smaller-displacementbikes.

Again, it never hurts to haveextra folks stepping up as ride captains in case we lose one. While muchis left to capability and experience with the local area, we do recommend ridecaptains and assistant ride captains have GPS radio and FRS/GMRScommunications.

We continue to update theMASR/SR web site (www.midatlanticspyder.com)for this Fall’s event. As you register, I’ll send everyone updates as the routes, gpx files, etc. becomeavailable. Hotel phone number(s) are on the web site. If you areattending, please register for the event now. The hotel advises thateveryone should have their reservations in by the FIRST week of September.

This Fall’s rates at theCountry Squire:

Single Occupancy: $69.00 + tax
Double Occupancy: $81.00 + tax
Extra Occupants beyond double= $5.00 per occupant per day.

Looking forward to seeingeveryone this Fall. Please don’t hesitate to email me personally withquestions or concerns. Best regards and ride safe!

Paul Armstrong
Rally Host/Ride Captain
MASR/SR

“KOMMEN SIE FAHREN UND VIEL SPAS MACHEN!”

(Come ride and have a great time).