Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway Pegs - RT Spyder Limited 2013

Has anyone added highway pegs? If so what do you like or dislike about them? We are wanting to add them, however I can't find out much about them. Thanks for your help.

Spyder Garage

We added Lamont's NBV pegs to our RT in April (with a spider web style of peg) so I could stretch my legs on longer rides. I absolutely LOVE them but the heat on the right is way worse when your foot is on the peg. We then had to add Spyderpops' heat block-off plate. Now the heat is tolerable; we're considering the ISCI fan can once I hear they have it modified for my model year RT. Guess one mod leads to another! (Also thinking of adding the hand brake so I don't have to worry about moving my foot back quickly to brake in the event of an emergency).
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

I tried pegs but had some hip cramping. Changed to Seal Floorboards & found what I needed......after I also put on the block plate. It's a very individual thing. Good luck!!
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Spyder Garage

its called Spyder "dominoes"...also applies to other motor-toys...boats, trucks, hot-rods...

Spyder Garage

Default PEGS/FLOOR BOARDS

as for Pegs and/or Floor Boards...
    try making your own... it's loads of fun, and you'll enjoy'm more than if u bot them...
    if not, there are plenty of choise out there, and most r fine products...
    here are my DiY Project Floor Boards & Pegs...
    001.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg 002.jpg
    266.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Waddle View Post
    Has anyone added highway pegs? If so what do you like or dislike about them? We are wanting to add them, however I can't find out much about them. Thanks for your help.
    I too added the Lamonts NBV brackets with pegs. This helps but the heat on right foot gets very hot. This did help a little with legs cramps etc as I was able to extend my legs further.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default pgizzijr

I just spent 8 days touring Pa. W.Va. Tenn. Ky. 2500 miles. A lot of it in the rain. We rode the Tail of the Dragon both directions. Yes I want highway pegs. the few sites I went to that will sell them for about $280.00 also advise you to modify the body panels to redirect the heat. It appears you must remove a bottom panel and buy a vent blocking panel. They describe need to block the air that cooks our right foot and by the means of the block the air must exit down through the open area achieved by removing a bottom panel allowing the heat to exit below our foot area to the road. All this sounds basic but the Big Question is by doing so how are we received by Can-Am BRP. Will it void our warrantee ?

Spyder Garage

I have the NBV highway pegs they are well made and you can choose your peg style, if you want them to tilt toward you have to get a kuryakin peg adaptor that has the adjustable tilt. I am six foot two and have an ultimate seat (tall boy) to be honest I do not use them much, just to move around once in awhile, I am putting some web boards on my wish list I have a 2011 rts standard shift. http://web-boards.net/ like the previous post pilot's preference.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default highway pegs

installed Lamonts NBV pegs(I'm 6'4" ) -- I still have OEM seat( the Spyder -- not me!!) -- the pegs are a life saver -- rode 3 hrs without much discomfort -- prior to pegs after 30 minutes I was having knee pains. Also installed heat block off plate($20) -- it took 5 minutes to put on. Yes had to remove lower panel but those were already off to make oil changes easier. Get the pegs -- they're great

Spyder Garage

Lamonsters NBV's are the best looking and best built you'll find. They look OEM. I have never been a "floor board" fan so I prefer pegs (personal preference). The NBV's are perfect for me, I wouldn't travel without them. For the Newer members you'll find simple mods to take care of the right side foot heat. With any highway peg you'll need to install the block off plate and remove the lower (bottom) plastic panels underneath. No skill required to install the block off plate or to remove the bottom panel. This gives the hot radiator air a place to go. Spyderpops has what you need. The home page has all of the site sponsors listed. You have a wealth of information on this site, enjoy.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    We then had to add Spyderpops' heat block-off plate. Now the heat is tolerable; we're considering the ISCI fan can once I hear they have it modified for my model year RT. Guess one mod leads to another! (Also thinking of adding the hand brake so I don't have to worry about moving my foot back quickly to brake in the event of an emergency).
    About blocking off the heat... Is there any negative effects on the engine? Is it ok to modify where the heat comes out?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyvermont View Post
    About blocking off the heat... Is there any negative effects on the engine? Is it ok to modify where the heat comes out?
    This has been done from the get-go on the RT's . My 2010 has never had an issue, running with block off plate for 2 years with no change in engine temp. My first block off plate was a home-made plastic panel I cut out and stuck in there. The lower hole is still open and the bottom panel under the spyder was removed. I later went with Spyderpops plate for a better look. You can search threads on this forum and find numorus postings on this subject.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default Highway Pegs - love 'em

I've added the NBV (no bad vibes) highway pegs with the "widow" pegs to my bike - love 'em. I use them all the time. Very comfortable. I thought an easy install. I purchased them from Custom Dynamics. Good luck with you bike. Enjoy the ryde!! Photo attached for your reference:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pgizzijr View Post
    I just spent 8 days touring Pa. W.Va. Tenn. Ky. 2500 miles. A lot of it in the rain. We rode the Tail of the Dragon both directions. Yes I want highway pegs. the few sites I went to that will sell them for about $280.00 also advise you to modify the body panels to redirect the heat. It appears you must remove a bottom panel and buy a vent blocking panel. They describe need to block the air that cooks our right foot and by the means of the block the air must exit down through the open area achieved by removing a bottom panel allowing the heat to exit below our foot area to the road. All this sounds basic but the Big Question is by doing so how are we received by Can-Am BRP. Will it void our warrantee ?
    I asked my Can Am tech that very question before I did any modes to my RT-S SE5 and he assured me it would not affect the warranty as I was not changing any of the mechanics on the bike.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.