Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn Grip for STS

Just purchased an STS and purchased Kuryakyn grip number 6241 and can't get the throttle side to fit. It is extremely tight and and can only get it on about an inch. Does anyone one know if this is the correct part number for the STS?

Spyder Garage

Here is the part number I put on my ST{ KY 6183 } they go on the GW 1800 and there for heated grips the price shows $89.99 . Type in Kuryakyn Grips then put 1800 GW it should take you to it. I put these on my 2010 also and love them. Note when putting them on make sure you take the end caps off both ends, an put the screw that come's with it back in the throttle side, then cut the end edge off on both sides then use a water and soap mixture to spray on the handles wile sliding the rubber grips on then put the clam shell on. the soap and water mixture well clean off when you clean the spyder when your done.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    Here is the part number I put on my ST{ KY 6183 } they go on the GW 1800 and there for heated grips the price shows $89.99 . Type in Kuryakyn Grips then put 1800 GW it should take you to it. I put these on my 2010 also and love them. Note when putting them on make sure you take the end caps off both ends, an put the screw that come's with it back in the throttle side, then cut the end edge off on both sides then use a water and soap mixture to spray on the handles wile sliding the rubber grips on then put the clam shell on. the soap and water mixture well clean off when you clean the spyder when your done.
    Thanks for the reply, I will take these back and get the 6183 style.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Once u have pealed off the BRP grip u have to sand the plastic tube (throttle core) enough to be able to slide on the new grip take your time and it will fit once u have it re sized.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcaccamise View Post
    Once u have pealed off the BRP grip u have to sand the plastic tube (throttle core) enough to be able to slide on the new grip take your time and it will fit once u have it re sized.

Sorry about that, I forgot about that part.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Personally I went with Grip Puppys a lot cheaper and the heated grip goes right through them. Had them on a Wing I owned too very comfortable for those of us with Carpal Tunnel.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The 6183 grips do not fit a 2013 sts se5. But they do fit an sm5. They don't clear the shifter on an se5. Also they fit directly over the oem grips with minor trimming for an easy install.

Spyder Garage

Not trying to start anything BUT I HAVE THE 6183 ON MY ST SE5 AND THEY WORK FINE, I had them on my RT SE5 for over 40000 miles on it with NO trouble. John

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Grip Puppies are great. Fast delivery, I think I paid less than $10.00. Fit perfectly. I used full strength soap and it is taking a while to dissipate.

Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn

That Kuryakyn has now gone four years without recognizing there is a major market out there called the Spyder RT SE5 and failure to produce a clamshell (like the 6183) to fit the RT SE5 it is apalling to me and remains a pet peeve. I like what folks have done to get the 6183s on their RT's, but on principle, having to cut and hack and grind down my shifter to adapt a Honda Goldwing accessory is not where I personally want to go. I'll stick with grip puppies or whatever until somebody at Kuryakyn ... or better yet ... another after-market parts vendor ... wakes up.

Spyder Garage

Default Black Grips for STS SE5

I'm looking for all black oversize grips for my STS SE5. Does anyone know of a good vendor that looks good and works well?

Spyder Garage

What size Grip Puppies did you get ? I think I'm going to try them. It looks like they're pretty easy to install.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Grip Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by thrinsag View Post
    Grip Puppies are great. Fast delivery, I think I paid less than $10.00. Fit perfectly. I used full strength soap and it is taking a while to dissipate.
    Can you post a side by side picture of the grips to see the difference in size.

2013 ST-S