Thread: Dealer Rating

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer Rating

Does anyone know what a Platinum Dealer rating means?

Spyder Garage

1. All sales personal are trained to BRP standards
    2. All service personal are trained to BRP standards
    3. The dealership promotes tasteful business practices
    4. The dealership attend training
    5. The dealership promotes the BRP product
    6. The dealership participate in factory promotions
    7. The dealership outgrows industry growth in his market area
    8. The dealership maintains a 85% customer satisfaction rating
    9. The dealership completes warranty recalls
    10. The dealership places a qualifying order for current model product
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Wow, I figured with the dealers' reputations, it was the receptionist's hair color.
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Spyder Garage

Are the mechanics rated also? I heard "gold" mentioned once by my mechanic but didn't inquire what it pertained to.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Default Question on dealers

Hi - I've been reading a lot on here lately, don't have a Spyder yet but am starting to research dealers. Based on what I have been reading service is very important. I am in the northeast and would be interested in hearing opinions on CT,MA,& Southern NH dealers. Also, where do I find the dealer rating you all are speaking about? Thanks everyone, the information I have learned on this forum has been great!

Spyder Garage

well my local dealer comes no where close to even being on the scale of 1-10 let alone Platinum.....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Platinum: They only take platinum visa or master card to pay for servicing and parts.

Seriously: They are supposed to be at a level as posted above. I do not know the exact requirements for various levels, as most dealers don't seem to mention where they are in the hierarchy.

We have talked about rating dealers--but that is probably not a good idea. One person who goes to the very best dealer and finds something wrong, or does not get what they want in the scheme of things, then flames the really good dealer, and the reputation hangs on the verge of going down the toilet.

It takes many reviews to come up with an across the board rating that stands true.

It is my suggetion to ask people in your area about specific dealer experiences. Another possibility is to use the search function on the site. Certain dealers come up as being either good or bad due to many different postings. That can give you an IDEA what your going to run into. Your actual experience may be different though. Some people don't have choices because of where they live and the lack of multiple dealers in an acceptable radius.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you akspyderman, I have done a search and there is not a lot on the dealers in my area. I have asked around locally so will see what I find out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trumbull Powersports in Southern Md.

Anyone have experience with this dealer. Cant find any recommendations or critics of the dealers in my area of Baltimore/Annnapolis.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You could always inquire with the local BBB.
    If they've heard of him; that would probably mean that you don't want to!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My dealer has a gold rating service dept., and I ask why, he said that to have a platium rating he would have to have at least 5 mechanics trained by BRP.

We don't know what we don't know...

2013 RT Limited
    2012 RT-622 Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Platinum Rated

The dealer I utilize has a "Platinum" rating. I never have had any problems with Sales, Parts or Service Departments. The parts guys have had problems getting me parts at times but having been a GM Parts Manager in my 20's And a Medical Supply type in the US Army I understand that doo doo happens.

The comment that we should not rate dealers is a hundred percent correct. Based on moods of us as individual personalities would definitely not be objective.

Like this past weekend I stopped in for my usual coffee and donut fix only to find out the donut vendor did not show up. I ragged on the Service writer for a minute. Then I hit on the Parts guys. Winding up sitting down with the owner and three cups later walked out with a new bright yellow company tee shirt. Still no donuts. Thank The Lord none of the cities motor officers did not show up.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the post. Not sure what rating (if any) my dealer is, but they've done right by me!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags