Thread: hindle exhaust

Spyder Garage

Default hindle exhaust

When installing the hindle exhaust, do you need to install some kind of gasket or exhaust sealant.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Re: hindle exhaust

no put it on dry clamp it on put the spring on bolt the rear strap run the bike for 15 idle let it cool for the same time and you are good to go. T :bigthumbsup:he best sounding pipe i think

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hayacrusier
    When installing the hindle exhaust, do you need to install some kind of gasket or exhaust sealant.
    Use the stock exhaust gasket.

Spyder Garage

No way the stock exhaust gasket is going to work with a Hindle muffler, at least not the Hindles that dltang and I got.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hayacrusier
    There is no gasket. You have to remove the stock one. I have read of several owners who used sealant to eliminate leaks. Couldn't hurt.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[quote=bjt ]
    No way the stock exhaust gasket is going to work with a Hindle muffler, at least not the Hindles that dltang and I got.
    [/quote

Thats what I thought everybody was doing. So does it come with it's own gasket then?

Spyder Garage

The dealership I bought my from installed the hindle before I took delivery; no sealant.

Yesterday morning I had my in for it's 600 mile service and they sealed the pipe connection w/silicone.

I've noticed a substantial increase in power when accelerating since then. Could a leak in the exhaust cause this type of noticeable difference?

Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Putt-Putt
    Thats what I thought everybody was doing. So does it come with it's own gasket then?
    Hindles don't come with anything to seal the connection. I believe that is why some people are talking about using a high temp silicone to seal against leaks. I didn't use any sealant but I may try some as I think I have a slight leak.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.