arntufun

Default Spyderlovers problem

First let me say I'm not new and have been navigating this site for some time. I recently have discovered a problem and I'm looking to see if others are having the same issue.

When I'm in compatibility mode I can hit return and make paragraphs (spaces down between next sentence) but I can not post full size pics in this mode. This means when I insert a pic, I used to be able to double click the pic and make it full size before I submitted the post. I can't do this now, it will only come up as a thumbnail.

When I'm not in compatibility mode, I can post full size pics but I can not hit return at the end of a sentence to create a new paragraph......... I'm running Windows 7, and seems I now have Internet explore 10 (used to have IE9) and it ran perfectly until a month ago when IE10 was installed automaticly.

ANYBODY ????????????
    Last edited by arntufun; 07-30-2013 at 05:59 PM.

arntufun

Also, when in compatibility mode, my user name and notifications are laying on top of one another.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check which Internet Explorer you're running...
    IE10 does some wonky things in here.
    YOu might just have to switch back to IE9
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

have seen many problems with IE10 and all switch back and the planets align once again..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yep. I found that out too. I disabled auto update as well. I'm using Chrome now.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

arntufun

Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????

Spyder Garage

I have Windows 7 also and to delete IE10 I think I just opened -control panel- Install/Delete a program- and picked IE10 to delete because 9 was the one that came with the computer?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I have Windows 7 also and to delete IE10 I think I just opened -control panel- Install/Delete a program- and picked IE10 to delete because 9 was the one that came with the computer?

Internet explorer/ IE10 is not in my add or remove programs, is it called something else ???????? IE9 doesn't even show up in there ?????
    Last edited by arntufun; 07-30-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PM Scotty about this; he talked me through an"IE10"-ectomy on mine!

And I've also heard that he's a good cook, an excellent dancer, and he once saved...

Spyder Garage

Randy,

Check this out:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...7-308998.shtml

Two things:

Don't use quotes around Programs and Features.

Once you get to click on Uninstall an Update, it's better to go to the box in the upper right and type in Internet; you'll find it easier.

I just went through the whole process (to see if it works) and I'm back to IE9.
    Last edited by wyliec; 07-30-2013 at 05:51 PM.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post

You are the man !!!!!!!!!!! Worked Perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone else has these issues follow the instructions in the link Wyliec posted and you will be back in business. I also took Bruisers advice and disabled Windows from updating again to IE10. Thanks Everyone !!!!

honk.jpg
    Last edited by arntufun; 07-30-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????
    Go to the Control Panel, then to Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall IE10, reboot, and IE9 should work. Then go to Windows Update and make sure "Update Automatically" is not checked.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Go to the Control Panel, then to Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall IE10, reboot, and IE9 should work. Then go to Windows Update and make sure "Update Automatically" is not checked.

Tried that first but, IE10 and IE9 was not listed under add/remove programs in my operating system (windows 7). Every other Microsoft program was in there except for Internet Explorer. I had to follow the steps Wyliec posted to get the job done.
    Last edited by arntufun; 07-30-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

That IE10 is an insidious program. I had the same problem and spent about two hours getting rid of it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=arntufun;664715]Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????[/QUOTthe easy answer is go to a MAC. Your stuck with IE with windows, can't delete and still have a functional system. Use Chrome or another browser.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    That IE10 is an insidious program. I had the same problem and spent about two hours getting rid of it.

The weird thing is, this site was the only one affected in a bad way by IE10. All other sites and forums that I belong to ran fine. I'm guessing the host server company here is not fully compatable with IE10, but thats only speculating on my part ???????

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool IE 10

Simple! Go to control panel add and remove software highlight IE 10 click remove and your done. Reboot on completion.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    Simple! Go to control panel add and remove software highlight IE 10 click remove and your done. Reboot on completion.

See post 8 and 14...........

Spyder Garage

See post 8 and 14...........
    You have to have "Show Windows Updates" checked.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=IGETAROUND;664802]
    Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????[/QUOTthe easy answer is go to a MAC. Your stuck with IE with windows, can't delete and still have a functional system. Use Chrome or another browser.
    Like there has never been any problems with Safari? You MAC guys crack me up, right up there with the Toyota fanboys.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Default Same probs with IE10 on Windows 8

First let me say I'm not new and have been navigating this site for some time. I recently have discovered a problem and I'm looking to see if others are having the same issue.

When I'm in compatibility mode I can hit return and make paragraphs (spaces down between next sentence) but I can not post full size pics in this mode. This means when I insert a pic, I used to be able to double click the pic and make it full size before I submitted the post. I can't do this now, it will only come up as a thumbnail.

When I'm not in compatibility mode, I can post full size pics but I can not hit return at the end of a sentence to create a new paragraph......... I'm running Windows 7, and seems I now have Internet explore 10 (used to have IE9) and it ran perfectly until a month ago when IE10 was installed automaticly.
    ANYBODY ????????????
    I have been having some of the same issues with a new Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 8.

It had IE10 installed but it does not show up in either the Installed programs or Updates.

but... in the Programs and Features tab an optionfor Turn Windows features on or off there is a checkbox option for Internet Explorer 10.
    When I unchecked this box, it uninstalled IE10 and rebooted with no IE to be found!

Now I am using Chrome entirely for a browser and everything seems to work great. Just have to keep fighting off Windows Update wanting to install IE10 plus they will soon be pushing IE11....
    Last edited by cjackg; 08-03-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Spyder Garage

Try using Firefox