Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 vs. 2013

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I have ridden the 2012 RS & RSS as well as the 2013 RS & RSS and I own an ST. I bought the ST because I thought the 2013 was an improvement over the previous lines...not just the positioning, they literally successfully blended the touring of the RT with the sport feel of the RS/RSS. Brembos are a dramatic improvement over previous models, but it only starts there. Totally dig the Zumo nav, radio, windshield, etc.
    For the record, I have had ZERO problems with the ST electronics. I have, however, had problems attributed to the 2013 ST lineup, but EVERY make/model BRP has made has had some problem attributed to it. Not all ST owners suffered what I did, and my woes were quickly adressed by my dealer & BRP. Overall I am a satisfied ST owner & would recommend others at least test ride an ST to decide for themselves. I think you'll find a lot of varying opinions...and my personal opinion is that the ST is a step up from the previous year's models...Brembos have already saved my skin, as I have had some numbskull turn in front of me while i'm at speed probably once every couple of weeks since owning my bike. Brembos slow down and stop on a dime; hands down. I have to say that I ride my ST like a sport bike moreso than a touring bike (when i'm 1-up without my son or girlfriend, that is).

Brembos are in my best interest. My next purchase will be a BajaRon Sway bar now that they're ready for the 2013 (I think), then an exhaust (One that'll fit with my ST saddlebags). I am trying to walk the line between responsible weekend rider, and performance demanding enthusiast. The ST allows me to do just this...IMHO, of course.
    sorry but could you tell me how would you compare 2012 rs s with 2013 rs? I am looking to get one thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default IMHO

I've had two flavors, 2010RS and now a 2013RT and I greatly prefer the 13's handling and braking. I'm no master rider, just a recreational rider here in the mountains. Try both and see what floats the boat!