Spyder Garage

Cool Tri Axis Adjustable Handle Bars Just Installed

My husband spent the day installing my new adjustable handlebars. I am only 5 ft 2 and sitting back in the seat and reaching the original bars on my 2012 RT was a stretch. After a 250 mile ride yesterday, i hurt all over. Arms felt like they had been held out in front of me holding weights for hours and back and legs hurt all over. I can now reach the handle bars without having to scoot forward on the seat and lean forward. We brought them up and in, so they are not so wide, which brought the grips closer to the back. Can hardly wait to go for a long ride again sitting up properly in the seat. May not need that custom Corbin seat after all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is great that they help. I have a friend here who is altitude challenged and she has the adjustable bars along with a custom seat (Ultimate, I think) which moves her forward. We installed a sway bar on her Spyder and when I test drove it it about killed me as I am a lot taller than she is.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!!

congrats, this should make for a noted improvement in comfort..pic's would be nice, they are like a window for us to see your work...!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about a picture or two?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been eyeballin' these. My issue is they only come in 2 colors ,black fiber looking or chrome. I have an RT and am trying to avoid Chrome plus the chrome costs a bit more. I am trying to picture what the black one would look like. I would rather have a silver painted one myself.

Tri Axis.jpg
    Last edited by Magdave; 07-29-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Have tried to post a picture before

I have tried to post a picture before but could not get it to work. My email is on my Ipad, but it diesn't seem to be compatible. Any suggestions?
    In response to the black or chrome, I did not want the reflection as it is so bright here anyway, so I went with the black. It looks great. I understand there were a lot of "blue" words during the installation, but it did not go too badly.
    Gay

Spyder Garage

Really like my Tri-Axis bars - have them set- up and back - and they are fine for my stature. With the RT-S with its black trim, the black bars look just right.

Spyder Garage

How about some info as to the install? Pics? Before and after? Easy? Difficult? Tom

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For you taller riders, how is the Tri Axis compared to the stock handlebar? I'm 6'4".

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default handle bar

According to my husband (6 ft) with the handle bars pulled all the way back and closer together, the bike is too small, but then he gets into my car and has to move the seat back before he can get in. You can adjust them to fit you comfortably. You most likely would not want them as far back as I have them. I would post a picture but the file is too big so i need some help to shrink it. Sorry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    How about some info as to the install? Pics? Before and after? Easy? Difficult? Tom
    My husband had to take all the front Tupperware off and had quite a time taking of the windshield assembly. That was the only piece he felt was difficult. Sometimes the instructions were not really clear, but he is a Master Mechanic, so he just muddles through as if he knows what he is doing. It only took him a Sunday, maybe 6 or 7 hours.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Gruff View Post
    . Sometimes the instructions were not really clear, but he is a Master Mechanic, so he just muddles through as if he knows what he is doing. It only took him a Sunday, maybe 6 or 7 hours.
    So for a rank amateur with the mechanical skills of a Hamster; do you think that it would take the enire Winter to complete the process?
    I only put my bike to bed at the beginning of December, and break it out at the end of Fevruary; do you think that I'd get it done in time to ride to the Annual Easter Egg Hunts?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default tri axel handlebars

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So for a rank amateur with the mechanical skills of a Hamster; do you think that it would take the enire Winter to complete the process?
    I only put my bike to bed at the beginning of December, and break it out at the end of Fevruary; do you think that I'd get it done in time to ride to the Annual Easter Egg Hunts?
    Well, I would get a tork wrench instead of the stupid t-handle wrench they send with the kit. With the Tork wrench you can get the top handle bar nuts to spec, instead of guessing with the T- handle wrench, but with all the help on this board, you should be able to handle it. The instructinos show throwing parts away in the garbage, which I would never do. The longest part of the effort was taking all the front tupperware off. The part that has the windshield had to be manouvered a bit to get it off and out from behind the frunk lock. If you are not much of a mechanic, i would take pictures after each removal of Tupperware and wires so as to know exactly where they come from and go back in the same spot. Good luck!!, I sure am happy with mine. Oh, I also noticed as I checked on progress that he used his little mirror with the long handle to see what was behind something, and the magnet on a stick to pick up dropped screws or nuts several times. Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

with the tri axel handlebars just bought the 2015 can am rt limited with those bar on it ..now i would like to know where would you put your cell bracket or holder im stuck any pics or ideal tks

Spyder Garage

This one has been about 10 years since the last posting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawasaki1200 View Post
    with the tri axel handlebars just bought the 2015 can am rt limited with those bar on it ..now i would like to know where would you put your cell bracket or holder im stuck any pics or ideal tks

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Kawasaki1200 "with the tri axel handlebars just bought the 2015 can am rt limited with those bar on it ..now i would like to know where would you put your cell bracket or holder im stuck any pics or ideal tks"

Look at this Drink / Phone holder https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...der-lamonster/
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 08-07-2023 at 07:01 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Kawasaki1200 "with the tri axel handlebars just bought the 2015 can am rt limited with those bar on it ..now i would like to know where would you put your cell bracket or holder im stuck any pics or ideal tks"

Look at this Drink / Phone holder https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...der-lamonster/
    That’s what I have.....the Tri-Axis bars and the Spyder Cuff from LaMonster garage. Works great, easy install (maybe 5 minutes).

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Gruff View Post
    My husband spent the day installing my new adjustable handlebars. I am only 5 ft 2 and sitting back in the seat and reaching the original bars on my 2012 RT was a stretch. After a 250 mile ride yesterday, i hurt all over. Arms felt like they had been held out in front of me holding weights for hours and back and legs hurt all over. I can now reach the handle bars without having to scoot forward on the seat and lean forward. We brought them up and in, so they are not so wide, which brought the grips closer to the back. Can hardly wait to go for a long ride again sitting up properly in the seat. May not need that custom Corbin seat after all.
    One thing you need to be aware of, and I sure hope for your comfort's sake it isn't a problem for you. As you bring the bars back toward you they of course are pivoting around the attachment point. That makes them less perpendicular and more parallel to the centerline of the bike. What that means is your hands, and wrists, turn more outward and less forward. If you bring the bars all the way back you will be holding on to bars alongside your body and not in front of your body. Hopefully you have enough flexibility in your wrists you can accommodate the wrist angle you have when the bars are brought way back.

This is an issue for me so I have to find the best compromise of reach and wrist angle.

You most likely will leave the bars in the position you like best for most of your riding. I do. But on long rides I will adjust them occasionally just to have a change for awhile.

If by chance the Tri-Axis don't work out like you need them to the best option are Heli-bars. They are much more adjustable and I believe you can avoid the wrist issue that comes with the Tri-Axis bars.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 08-08-2023 at 12:08 AM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks like I got it wrong. Apparently Heli bars aren't being made any more for pre-2020 RTs. There are other brands out there, and maybe they are available on eBay.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    That’s what I have.....the Tri-Axis bars and the Spyder Cuff from LaMonster garage. Works great, easy install (maybe 5 minutes).
    i call lamonster garage today and he got nothing for Tri-Axis bars she told me i would like to see a pics

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    If tou click on the link for Lamonster that you poster, it shows the Spyder Cuff and the phone phang. Reading the descrption on that link it SPECIFICALLY STATES that it WILL FIT on the TRI-AXIS BARS. It someone at Lamonster garage told you that it wouldn’t, they’re sadly mistaken. Just order it from the website...that’s what I do.

Go back on the Lamonster web page, find the 2010 - 2019 Spyder accessories, then the spyder cuff and read the description. After reading it where it says “fits tri-axis bars”, THEN order on line....don’t phone...just order.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper