Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Charging iPhone 4

Can't get my iPhone to charge using 12v outlet in trunk (2012 RT Ltd). Using 12v adapter and USB cable (car charger setup) purchased from Verizon. Setup works in my car but not on the Spyder. Checked plug in trunk by plugging in a 12v spotlight...works fine. Suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Just sounds like the adapter is not seating properly. Is there a collar around it or something. Sometimes the 12V adapter have a small collar to adapt them for different diamater or length sockets. Give it a good push!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    Just sounds like the adapter is not seating properly. Is there a collar around it or something. Sometimes the 12V adapter have a small collar to adapt them for different diamater or length sockets. Give it a good push!!
    It does have a collar around it. Without the collar I doubt that I could remove the adapter from the plug...it seems to be a small (short) adapter. Gave it a good push...nothing. Guess I need to find another, longer, 12v adapter that takes a USB cable. Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Default Charging

Can you use the receptical on the right side? I have an IPhone 5 and have it plugged into the other side, and yes the connection is different on the 5 compared to the 4, mine charges and play music through the front display dash under the iPod connection.

Spyder Garage

When mine is mounted on the dash in the X mount I plug it into the USB charging plug on my dash.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeye View Post
    Can you use the receptical on the right side? I have an IPhone 5 and have it plugged into the other side, and yes the connection is different on the 5 compared to the 4, mine charges and play music through the front display dash under the iPod connection.
    Not sure. I have a cable for the right side receptacle that has the proper plug for my iPhone 4. However that receptacle is not hot without the key being turned on. Probably would work while ryding but I don't use my phone to play music...use my radio when on local rydes and my iPod while on out-of-the-local-area rydes.

Bought another adapter from PartsStore.com...it appears to be longer and does not have the collar so I'm hoping it works in my Spyder. I'll use the one I have in my car since it works ok here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    When mine is mounted on the dash in the X mount I plug it into the USB charging plug on my dash.

JT
    I don't have an X mount nor a USB charging plug on my dash...I'm stuck with using the 12v plug in my trunk.