Spyder Garage

Default Is it possible to play an IPod on my STS that doesn't have a radio

How can I play my IPod on my STS, I don't like using ear buds ? Is there any way to add speakers and an iPod cable? I don't care about adding the option to turn the volum up and down, I can do that on the IPod, I just want to get the music to the speakers (that I add). I really don't want to pay & $850 for the Can Am radio plus the cost of installation just to play my Ipod while I ride, but I love to listen to music while I ride.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YES there is a way

OK here is what I do and it works.... I do not have a radio on my Spyder but I can and do listen
    to what ever I want, anytime right inside my helmet.... If you get the SMH10 blue tooth unit
    and pair it with your iPod-iPhone you can listen to whatever you have on it music and such
    If the phone rings it mutes the music and after the call the music comes back..give it a try
    and NO ear buds. speakers are installed into your helmet you will love it .
    I have them on sale RIGHT NOW for way less than that $850. they start at $ 159.95 give me a call....
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by barb22c View Post
    How can I play my IPod on my STS, I don't like using ear buds ? Is there any way to add speakers and an iPod cable? I don't care about adding the option to turn the volum up and down, I can do that on the IPod, I just want to get the music to the speakers (that I add). I really don't want to pay & $850 for the Can Am radio plus the cost of installation just to play my Ipod while I ride, but I love to listen to music while I ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't they have some sort of IPod Docking station available?
    Something that had a volume control that you could access, and charging capability for the IPod would seem pretty nice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    OK here is what I do and it works.... I do not have a radio on my Spyder but I can and do listen
    to what ever I want, anytime right inside my helmet.... If you get the SMH10 blue tooth unit
    and pair it with your iPod-iPhone you can listen to whatever you have on it music and such
    If the phone rings it mutes the music and after the call the music comes back..give it a try
    and NO ear buds. speakers are installed into your helmet you will love it .
    I have them on sale RIGHT NOW for way less than that $850. they start at $ 159.95 give me a call....
    Dave

Yup I agree, great device. I use it with my iPhone works well, good audio, and just does everything. I need to decide on another for my second helmet..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

I don't use the SMH10 blue tooth I have a Chinese set that does the same thing you can even use the GPS on an iPhone/Android and it will cut the music for directions and resume. It also lets you twist the knob to raise and lower the volume as well as intercom functions.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment