Thread: Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Guard

Does the 2013 ST need the belt guard provided by spyderpops or has BRP incorperated that part
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Does the 2013 ST need the belt guard provided by spyderpops or has BRP incorperated that part
    BRP has used the same belt guard, there is just that one section that they always missed.

If you live or ride around heavy graveled roads, this is a must have. Otherwise, you can do without it, but at the same time it is extra protection.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Cheap protection for an expensive belt and easy to install.

Spyder Garage

Default Guard..!!

Like stated above, cheap easy to install and can help protect and expensive drive train..worth it..!! But it is a choice some folks take all the guards and fender off and ryde around. Can't attest to how well that goes..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Guard Install

So on my 2016 RT Limited the three screws holding the housing for the belt cover won't just unscrew when trying to take the housing off. All three just keep turning. Is there a trick to getting them off? Do I have to use a wrench behind the bracket to hold something in place to get the screws to catch?

Thanks everyone...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZBob View Post
    So on my 2016 RT Limited the three screws holding the housing for the belt cover won't just unscrew when trying to take the housing off. All three just keep turning. Is there a trick to getting them off? Do I have to use a wrench behind the bracket to hold something in place to get the screws to catch?

Thanks everyone...
    the thread insert is spinning in the hole my Rs did this I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Another reason to install the guard is that many areas chip seal the roads -- talk about gravel! Just heard that Arizona's DOT's new budget is calling for the use of chip seal for the first time. They don't mention the consequences - paint chipping, broken windshields, tar all over your vehicle -- to say nothing of potential damage to drive belts, etc.