Spyder Garage

Default Light bulb replacement

Like so many discussions on here, I'm sure this has been addressed before. I'm just wondering if I can replace turn signal, backup, & front fender bulbs with LED bulbs. I know we have advertisers on here that offer mods....but can I just replace the bulbs? Is this a canbus system so I need to get compatible canbus bulbs? I'd sort of like the LED look without tearing the Spyder down & maybe at less expense.

Spyder Garage

Default Canbus LED

Take a look at this link, lots of CanBus LED's

http://www.superbrightleds.com/searc...n%20bus%20led/

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up led blubs

I have use bright led .com for my front fender markers they work great plug and play

Spyder Garage

I somewhat question if the arrangement of the LED diodes on one of those replacements would be effective in the tail light housing of a spyder?
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DRTSB View Post
    Take a look at this link, lots of CanBus LED's

http://www.superbrightleds.com/searc...n%20bus%20led/

Dave
    ah......Ottawa!!! Home of the luscious Beaver Tail!!! The Rideau Canoe Club isn't bad either.

So I guess I'm right that it's a canbus system. Can't wait to start replacing.......

Spyder Garage

Default FRONT FENDER LIGHTS

Tired to start a new tread but not sure how. So..... I have a 2011 RTL and the front right fender light is out. My question is do I have to take the fender off to change the bulb or is there a simpler way. At first look I do not see one. Thanks for all the help..

Since I am writing here anyway I also have another question for everyone. The other day I was riding two up, my wife, and I made a couple left hand turns and the left wheel come off the ground. I thought I was not not going fast but this has never happened before. My wife said a few nice words about this but I just keep on riding. Has this happen to anyone else. thanks again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ronrico View Post
    Tired to start a new tread but not sure how. So..... I have a 2011 RTL and the front right fender light is out. My question is do I have to take the fender off to change the bulb or is there a simpler way. At first look I do not see one. Thanks for all the help..

Since I am writing here anyway I also have another question for everyone. The other day I was riding two up, my wife, and I made a couple left hand turns and the left wheel come off the ground. I thought I was not not going fast but this has never happened before. My wife said a few nice words about this but I just keep on riding. Has this happen to anyone else. thanks again.
    Just pop the lens cover off with a slim screwdriver. You don't take a fender off. I replaced mine with these : http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2 FWLED-x5.htm%23photos

Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.