Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Green RSS View Post
    It has rained pretty much every day here since we got the STS back home (in-tween rain showers); but I'll ley you know once we get a chance to ride again.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;660896]
    Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post

I agree 100%. My 2010 RT also was never on a tender and sat in an unheated garage in Michigan for the winter months. At 59,000 miles I thought I needed a new battery but it turned out to be the stator that had gone bad.
    Same here. Both our 's sat unused for almost 10 days. No battery tender and they fired up instantly.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

What the hell is going on with these things they should be completely trouble-free five years on the market they should be turnkey trouble-free like a car
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

Default You have just describe my sts .

My wife's 2013 STS is having the following opportunities: Brake lights randomly stay on after shut down, the LCD screen does not come on for about 45 to 60 seconds after starting the bike (again randomly), and today the kill switch would not stop the engine from running (had to turn off the key). She also had the brake light wire that was hanging loose and rubbing against the tire (dealer has already fixed that one). So it's back to the dealer for it. I know some of these opportunities are addressed separately in threads, but just wanted to put them together and see if anyone else is having this many electrical gremlins at one time. The bike has a whopping 532 miles on it.

Same exacto problem i had with my sts , Took it to the dealer bout 6 times and finally all seems well , The kill switch was the last problem i had. Dealer installed a new one. All my problems started as soon as i picked it up this last April.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    you must use a battery maintainer on these bikes if you dont ride at least 4 times a week for some reason the batterys discharge faster than any bike ive owend,and im on my 53ed bike right now.
    I've never used a battery maintainer on my RT and it sits for up to a month when it is in the rear of the garage and hard to get to. Starts every time...

JT

Spyder Garage

Well, everything is fixed now, except for the heat shield/master cylinder meltdown recall. lol back to the shop next week. Can-Am is prorating my dealers orders and they will hopefully be getting a few by the end of this month.
    2013 ST S
    Stock for now

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you might be finally getting back on the road with a healthy ryde. Now it is time to make up that lost ryding time and put some miles on your ST-S.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Well, my STS (Circuit Yellow) came back home a few days ago. But while picking up my wife's STS, I stopped to fill it up with gas (Good husband ), I came to a stop, hit the kill switch and.....nothing. Bike kept running for about 20 seconds before finally shutting off. So back to the dealer it went. They are going to replace the kill switch (Can Am approved it this time). Hopefully get the bike back in a day or two.
    2013 ST S
    Stock for now

Spyder Garage

Default HNo HEAT Problems

Turns out the brake switch had to be replaced. As for the LCD Cluster not coming on at start up; they showed me this bulletin from BRP:

Will, there you/we no have BRP's answer...NO HEAT PROBLEMS

I guess We all have to consider BRP is way North, so of-course they don't have the HEAT ISSUES
    Illegitimi non Carborundum

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow with Black Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdromaine View Post
    Will, there you/we no have BRP's answer...NO HEAT PROBLEMS

I guess We all have to consider BRP is way North, so of-course they don't have the HEAT ISSUES
    OMG that is so stupid. "Normal"
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdromaine View Post
    According to your location you are at 46°29′29″N Latitude

I'm in Aurora Ontario and we are at 44°00′00″N Latitude. I'm south of you as are 15 Million or more Canadians.

But yes we do not have any heat issues on our ST nor the RT.
    Last edited by nhoj; 10-10-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

LCD screens can be susceptible to this sort of thing when they get too hot...
    It sux; but the screens that they're using for the bikes are simply doing what they do in high temperature situations...
    And they do cool off and work normally!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black