Spyder Garage

Default 15" rims on older Spyders

I have a question about the new 15" rims. I have a 2011 RT Limited. I just bought my wife a 2013 ST Limited. Hers came with chrome wheels and she wants black wheels. I ordered a set of black 15" wheels for her ST. If I put the chrome 15" rims off of her ST on my RT do I have to put the 2013 finders on the RT or will the 15" rims fit with the old style fenders?

Thanks
    Greg Cain
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Your old fenders should still work with the new wheels. Overall height between the old wheels and new wheels are pretty much the same. Should not be a problem.

Mellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gcain747 View Post
    I have a question about the new 15" rims. I have a 2011 RT Limited. I just bought my wife a 2013 ST Limited. Hers came with chrome wheels and she wants black wheels. I ordered a set of black 15" wheels for her ST. If I put the chrome 15" rims off of her ST on my RT do I have to put the 2013 finders on the RT or will the 15" rims fit with the old style fenders?

Thanks
    Greg Cain
    I agree with your wife I'm not fond of the chrome wheels on my limited either. I may plasti dip them. The accessories catalog says they will not fit but I don't know why.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mellowcmb View Post
    Your old fenders should still work with the new wheels. Overall height between the old wheels and new wheels are pretty much the same. Should not be a problem.

Mellow
    Yup what they said........................if the 15" is running a lower profile tire than the 14" it could be the same overall height or in some cases actually smaller.
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

pretty easy to check seeing as you have all the components on hand. Pull one of hers and one of yours and swap. If not up to it take a tape and measure them..life is so simple sometimes..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default 15" Rims

The new rims want be in for a few days. I was going to order the new fenders but at over $1200 for two rims and 2 tires m & b and tax I need another month or two to save up for the fenders and mounting kit. If I had to change the fenders to use the 15" rims on the RT I was going to bite the bullet and put the fenders on my AMX card. I have a 622 trailer for my RT and it has chrome wheels and the RT came with the pollished aluminum. The chrome rims from the ST will make my RT and trailer match, and mamma's ST will really look good with the black rims.
    Last edited by gcain747; 07-19-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One of our other folks in here checked this out about six weeks ago; they fit just like they were made to be there!
    (Which they were!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    One of our other folks in here checked this out about six weeks ago; they fit just like they were made to be there!
    (Which they were!)
    I can't find the thread that someone fitted 2013 rims on an older Spyder without modes. I found 5 threads on this subject and no success was mentioned on any of them.

The diameter of the tire or rim is not the issue. Because they are both the same. 2012 and earlier RS rims do not fit on RT's and vise versa because of the rim offset. They can be made to fit if you modify the fender brackets. So why does the accessories catalog say that 2013 wheels will fit on all 2013 models but not older models. Is it the offset? The OP has both in his driveway so get out the jack, try it and let us know if it works.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default RS to RT wheels

I have 3 2012 RSS or whatever black wheels on my 2011 RT. The fenders are not a problem. It only takes some 1/2 inch or so spacers and the wheels fit perfectly.

Tuck

Spyder Garage

So does the 15" rim fit on the 2012 and older rs? I'm sure someone has done this by now.
    Last edited by ozzie; 06-21-2014 at 06:24 PM.
    09 Phanthom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!
    You'll just need to add some 15" tires to the shopping list also!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black