Spyder Garage

Question 2013 RT Limited cuts off

I am having a situation where my RT Limited cuts off when I am coming to stop after what I describe as a hard run such as exiting the highway after approaching speeds in excess of 70 for more than 15 mins. The bike as it slows or idles will just shut down. It can be restarted with no problem although sometime it does sound like the bike has run out of gas which has never been the case. I had the 500 mile maintenance I use 92 or 93 octane I have 3400plus miles on the bike which was purchased brand new in may 2013. Am I pushing the machine too hard....I didn't think you could ride it too long or too hard but something does not seem correct. I have made no modifications although I am looking to add halo lights and wheel lights but I want to find out what is causing this before I add anything that will add a drain to the power of "Charlotte". Any ideas are welcomed. It will soon be time for the 5000 mile maintenance but of course service can never find these situations when you tell them about it until something goes really wrong.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have 1800 miles on my 13 limited. It has stalled about 4 or 5 times. Never at a light or while riding. I don t think it has
    anything to do with riding it to hard. A lot lot has been said about this just do a search. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...alling-problem
    Last edited by lockwing; 07-19-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lockwing View Post
    I have 1800 miles on my 13 limited. It has stalled about 4 or 5 times. Never at a light or while riding. I don t think it has
    anything to do with riding it to hard. A lot lot has been said about this just do a search. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...alling-problem
    This happened to mine (2013 RT SE5) the dealer replaced the purge valve and it ceased stalling up until about 300 miles ago(about 6400 miles). Took it in for something else yesterday and asked tech to check it. Showed up on code to replace purge valve again. No more problems so far. Have you dealer put it on BUDS. Hope this takes care of it.