Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My dilemma!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default My dilemma!

I face a delimma that just can't be solved easily. I love my Spyder RT-S (my second Spyder, first was an '09 RS) and you guys and gals here on Spyderlovers but have fallen head over heals for a 2013 HD Tri Glide Trike. The problem is I am not Jay Leno! So one will have to go. The HD dealer is in effect allowing me $26,000 trade in for a 2012 RT-S with 6,800 miles and a few mods that I paid $25,000 for last year. I have ridden Harley's for the last 35 years and the Tri Glide calls to me like a long legged blonde in a bikini!. Well I put a deposit down on the blonde I mean Tri glide yesterday so next Tuesday I will no longer have a Spyder in the garage. I have really enjoyed the past 3 1/2 years and will still be a member of this Forum but will absolutely not make any comparisons on bikes, pro or con. I love them all! By the way the Tri Glides have the same heat issues as the Spyders for the same reasons, the evil EPA mods. Feel free to either flame or console me, either is great and makes for interesting posts!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    I face a delimma that just can't be solved easily. I love my Spyder RT-S (my second Spyder, first was an '09 RS) and you guys and gals here on Spyderlovers but have fallen head over heals for a 2013 HD Tri Glide Trike. The problem is I am not Jay Leno! So one will have to go. The HD dealer is in effect allowing me $26,000 trade in for a 2012 RT-S with 6,800 miles and a few mods that I paid $25,000 for last year. I have ridden Harley's for the last 35 years and the Tri Glide calls to me like a long legged blonde in a bikini!. Well I put a deposit down on the blonde I mean Tri glide yesterday so next Tuesday I will no longer have a Spyder in the garage. I have really enjoyed the past 3 1/2 years and will still be a member of this Forum but will absolutely not make any comparisons on bikes, pro or con. I love them all! By the way the Tri Glides have the same heat issues as the Spyders for the same reasons, the evil EPA mods. Feel free to either flame or console me, either is great and makes for interesting posts!
    At the end of the day, it's what makes you happy. If you can sleep at night then it's all good. Best of luck with the Tri Glide.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

I don't see a dilemma. If you like the Tri Glide so be it. We'll still be friends Bro.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well the good news for you all is that in a week or so,there will be lots of neat RT and Can Am Clothing bits for sale in the classified section!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IF YOU HAVE TO ? ? ?

Bro I would give some very serious thought to the HONDA...............SERIOUSLY.......Mike

Spyder Garage

Later dude!
    Don't let the Tri Glide hit you in the A** on the way out the door....

Kidding.... Well maybe not....

Like what was said already. Enjoy whatever you ride!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I will still wave at you
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

I don't believe it's what you ride but, it's THAT you ride. Enjoy your new bike..
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Bro I would give some very serious thought to the HONDA...............SERIOUSLY.......Mike
    I did consider the Honda but my history is with the Harley and I am pretty comfortable with the pre-WW II technology seriously though the main impediment for the Honda trike for me is that it is a conversion with many kits to choose from all of which negate the bikes warrantee.

The Tri Glide like the Spyder is designed as a trike and is warranteed by the original manufacturer.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I have close to over 19 thousand miles on my Tri, Theres just something about a Harley, So much so that I just added a 1200 custom sportster to go along side the Tri...

Spyder Garage

Tri Glide's are way cool.......................pictures when you get it!
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I have close to over 19 thousand miles on my Tri, Theres just something about a Harley, So much so that I just added a 1200 custom sportster to go along side the Tri...
    In 35 years I've put over 300,000 miles on Harley's at work (traffic officer) and on my own, mostly Sportsters and Superglides. If my body ain't vibrating I just don't feel right!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Here are some pictures of my new ride at the dealer waiting for new handlebars (2" closer and backrest) got to love actually seeing a motor! I wish BRP made a stripped version with the motor showing. As you can see it looks a lot like my old Police ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Sorry to see you go, had a great time chewing the fat with you at the OE in Maggie valley. Ride safe, watch out for the A-holes, and we will be here if you need us.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    Sorry to see you go, had a great time chewing the fat with you at the OE in Maggie valley. Ride safe, watch out for the A-holes, and we will be here if you need us.
    Hey who said I was going anywhere? Can't shake me off that quick! Besides I have a mission to convert Harley Riders into Harley Wavers!

Spyder Garage

No offense but I find that frugly! I am 54 so you know and not some young guy.
    The fenders are just too old school looking. The rear fenders look like they weight 100 lbs alone!
    The front faring and headlights... Really? Reminds me of my Dad's Highway Patrol car from 1954. The rear end of that thing is just SQUARE! It looks like a add-on not stock. I will agree the engine and chrome looks good. Other than that... Sorry I really don't think it looks good!

OK but let me ask really. How much out the door does one of those cost? e.g. no trade in but just new out the door?
    I have a feeling I will have sticker shock much more than I did with my Spyder.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Ride

You ride what you like. That is the only way to enjoy your life!,

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    No offense but I find that frugly! I am 54 so you know and not some young guy.
    The fenders are just too old school looking. The rear fenders look like they weight 100 lbs alone!
    The front faring and headlights... Really? Reminds me of my Dad's Highway Patrol car from 1954. The rear end of that thing is just SQUARE! It looks like a add-on not stock. I will agree the engine and chrome looks good. Other than that... Sorry I really don't think it looks good!

OK but let me ask really. How much out the door does one of those cost? e.g. no trade in but just new out the door?
    I have a feeling I will have sticker shock much more than I did with my Spyder.

Bob
    Wow why don't you tell me what you really think! Anyway they list at $30,900 for the solid colors and $32,900 for the two tone. About a tad more that a Limited Spyder and eight thousand less that a new Goldwing conversion. The fact that i got $26,000 trade in for my Spyder helped a lot. They come with pretty much everything including security system and CB. As far as what you find ugly that what I like about the looks, you know Retro is in type of thing.

Spyder Garage

To thine own self be true

Enjoy your new ride and wave when you see a Syder

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Why am I all of a sudden thinking... " potato....potato....potato....potato " , lol All riders are family, you just moved to another neighborhood Enjoy your new ride !!!!

Spyder Garage

Let use know how you like it, when you get some miles on it. I am thinking about a change of wheels, due to all the fires.

Mike

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Here are some pictures of my new ride at the dealer waiting for new handlebars (2" closer and backrest) got to love actually seeing a motor! I wish BRP made a stripped version with the motor showing. As you can see it looks a lot like my old Police ride.
    Go to tGLIDE Stuff.com, And take a look at Dennis's lift. I put them on my Tri.

Spyder Garage

I think she looks sweet..............just remember the 2 wheels are on the back now not the front! I like the motor showing for sure but o boy all that chrome to polish. Congrats!
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Ride what you like. The main thing is to enjoy life.
    Riding with the PGR, I have been to many Funerals where the person is 10, 15 or more years Younger then me. Death was "natural Causes/dease/traffic crash.
    Service related deaths have no age limits.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner