Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dilemma!

Hybrid View

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default My dilemma!

I face a delimma that just can't be solved easily. I love my Spyder RT-S (my second Spyder, first was an '09 RS) and you guys and gals here on Spyderlovers but have fallen head over heals for a 2013 HD Tri Glide Trike. The problem is I am not Jay Leno! So one will have to go. The HD dealer is in effect allowing me $26,000 trade in for a 2012 RT-S with 6,800 miles and a few mods that I paid $25,000 for last year. I have ridden Harley's for the last 35 years and the Tri Glide calls to me like a long legged blonde in a bikini!. Well I put a deposit down on the blonde I mean Tri glide yesterday so next Tuesday I will no longer have a Spyder in the garage. I have really enjoyed the past 3 1/2 years and will still be a member of this Forum but will absolutely not make any comparisons on bikes, pro or con. I love them all! By the way the Tri Glides have the same heat issues as the Spyders for the same reasons, the evil EPA mods. Feel free to either flame or console me, either is great and makes for interesting posts!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    I face a delimma that just can't be solved easily. I love my Spyder RT-S (my second Spyder, first was an '09 RS) and you guys and gals here on Spyderlovers but have fallen head over heals for a 2013 HD Tri Glide Trike. The problem is I am not Jay Leno! So one will have to go. The HD dealer is in effect allowing me $26,000 trade in for a 2012 RT-S with 6,800 miles and a few mods that I paid $25,000 for last year. I have ridden Harley's for the last 35 years and the Tri Glide calls to me like a long legged blonde in a bikini!. Well I put a deposit down on the blonde I mean Tri glide yesterday so next Tuesday I will no longer have a Spyder in the garage. I have really enjoyed the past 3 1/2 years and will still be a member of this Forum but will absolutely not make any comparisons on bikes, pro or con. I love them all! By the way the Tri Glides have the same heat issues as the Spyders for the same reasons, the evil EPA mods. Feel free to either flame or console me, either is great and makes for interesting posts!
    At the end of the day, it's what makes you happy. If you can sleep at night then it's all good. Best of luck with the Tri Glide.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

I don't see a dilemma. If you like the Tri Glide so be it. We'll still be friends Bro.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well the good news for you all is that in a week or so,there will be lots of neat RT and Can Am Clothing bits for sale in the classified section!

Spyder Garage

Later dude!
    Don't let the Tri Glide hit you in the A** on the way out the door....

Kidding.... Well maybe not....

Like what was said already. Enjoy whatever you ride!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I will still wave at you
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

I don't believe it's what you ride but, it's THAT you ride. Enjoy your new bike..
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I have close to over 19 thousand miles on my Tri, Theres just something about a Harley, So much so that I just added a 1200 custom sportster to go along side the Tri...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IF YOU HAVE TO ? ? ?

Bro I would give some very serious thought to the HONDA...............SERIOUSLY.......Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Bro I would give some very serious thought to the HONDA...............SERIOUSLY.......Mike
    I did consider the Honda but my history is with the Harley and I am pretty comfortable with the pre-WW II technology seriously though the main impediment for the Honda trike for me is that it is a conversion with many kits to choose from all of which negate the bikes warrantee.

The Tri Glide like the Spyder is designed as a trike and is warranteed by the original manufacturer.

Spyder Garage

Tri Glide's are way cool.......................pictures when you get it!
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

To thine own self be true

Enjoy your new ride and wave when you see a Syder

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the Dark Side.

I thought that was you I saw on they other site. As you may have seen, I did the same thing a month ago, and have no regrets. I still like Spyders. I wanted the HD Anniversary edition so bad when they came out, I had to do it.
    IMG_20130704_103830.jpg
    I also wished I could have kept both, but the wife did not want to drive, and could not see letting that much money sit around while we only rode one at a time.
    Now it is time for more fun mods on the HD. I am still accessorizing, mostly Chrome stuff, but three items I think you would really like:
    DK Lift Kit by Triglide stuff.
    Slip on Exhaust, either Vance / Hines split, or the ones I went with Rush Big Luie's slant with 2 in baffles and the 4 angle flare.
    then the Big sucker air cleaner

The exhaust slip on and big sucker will gain you about 6 hp and surprised me it took us up to better MPG. 2 up riding "not light people" we are now getting over all average 34 mpg
    Enjoy,
    2012 RT Limited: Utopia back rest, SealBoards, and Shark bluetooth communicators on VCAN Woody helmets.

Spyder Garage

I traded my Hot wheels during spyderfest...AT SPYDERFEST for 2013 Tri Glide. I love it! I got teased at the hotel but still have all my limbs
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

arntufun

Just keep in mind now that you own a Hardly A Davidson, you will now have to resort to revving the ever living out of your throttle at stop light to get any attention. Don't worry, all HD riders do it !!!!!

Only jokin with ya.......
    Last edited by arntufun; 07-19-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ga,
    We're more than good...
    As you know; we've got "WingNuts" and "folks who love Bacon" all over the place in here... It just means that we end up with a much broader perspective!
    A little bit of good-natured ribbing is always fun too! Think of it as a Holiday dinner with the extended family; but without the Football game on TV!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Faced a similar dilemma recently. After 29 years on Wings I needed to get off of 2 wheels so wife and I sold our bikes & we bought a new 2012 RTS Magnesium Metallic with matching BRP trailer. We tried riding 2 up for a while and that didn't suit either my wife or me. Long story short I bought a 2013 Anniversary model Tri Glide and my wife (LUV2 RIDE) took full possession of the Spyder (She luvs it!!!!!).

I loved my Wings (never a major problem with them), thought the Spyder was a blast to ride and looked sharp and now I am enjoying the Harley. It has some issues but I knew that when I bought it. I'm currently considering a mod to reduce the heat issue. Dealer recommends removing the Cat but that is an expensive mod. Just like oil, there are many opinions about which approach to take and I'm still trying to decide if the payback is worth the expense.

Enjoy the Tri Glide. They are beautiful machines.

Ed

Spyder Garage

Congratulations! I did the same thing last October and traded in my 2010 RTS on a TriGlide. The main reason for me was all the time the Spyder spent in the shop during the two-and-a-half years I rode it. I did like it, though, and I really miss the SE5 tranny. RWP.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ya know I think Rick Nelson sang it best,If you can't please everyone gotta please yourself! Best of luck and enjoy your sweet new ride

Spyder Garage

That's a beautiful Triglide you have bought. I'm kinda jealous. Love the colours.

Hope you get lots of pleasurable use out of it.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maww12 View Post
    Ya know I think Rick Nelson sang it best,If you can't please everyone gotta please yourself! Best of luck and enjoy your sweet new ride
    Yep, As you get older you learn that pleasing everyone is impossible, But, ..... Ticking off everyone is a piece of cake....

Doc - Riverside

Congratulations on your dilemma decision. Looks to me that the roots run deep. Enjoy my friend.

Spyder Garage

Hey, enjoy the TriGlide. My sister-in-law has one and loves it! Just remember, when riding with us Spyder ryders, please be patient as you'll soon notice how many more times we have to stop for gas than you!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Ga Blue Knight;658765]I face a delimma that just can't be solved easily. I love my Spyder RT-S (my second Spyder, first was an '09 RS) and you guys and gals here on Spyderlovers but have fallen head over heals for a 2013 HD Tri Glide Trike. The problem is I am not Jay Leno! So one will have to go. The HD dealer is in effect allowing me $26,000 trade in for a 2012 RT-S with 6,800 miles and a few mods that I paid $25,000 for last year. I have ridden Harley's for the last 35 years and the Tri Glide calls to me like a long legged blonde in a bikini!. Well I put a deposit down on the blonde I mean Tri glide yesterday so next Tuesday I will no longer have a Spyder in the garage. I have really enjoyed the past 3 1/2 years and will still be a member of this Forum but will absolutely not make any comparisons on bikes, pro or con. I love them all! By the way the Tri Glides have the same heat issues as the Spyders for the same reasons, the evil EPA mods. Feel free to either flame or console me, either is great and makes for interesting post

I did same thing