Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question:
    These bikes are supposed to throw codes if a lean condition is detected...
    How can they be running so lean, and not pop a code?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Can't answer your question....but my spark plugs were chalky white and Mark look at them with a magnifying glass to see if there were metal pieces....did not find any....I have never popped a code on the 2013 ST....after the flash from PitBull and 2000 miles the plugs wer light mocha

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

that's the color that they should be!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RS SE5 the other day I was riding in 95° heat of the day just finished up 365 mile ride I noticed the sol of my right boot melted off so ya I think the heat problem needs to be corrected and not out of our pocket BRP needs to step up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The spyder has always had heat problems and always will until they change the motor or the design. There is enough info out there that people should know about this on going conditon and if they do research they will have this information and decide to purchase or not.
    I knew this going into the purchase. I did the spyderPops mods which only helps a little. I am Luckly that my spyder heat is there but tolerable.

For those waiting for BRP to do something good luck. They have had this product for 5 or 6 years so I am not sure if there is any commitment by them on that subject.

Spyder Garage

Default Change sparkplugs to # 9 NGK Iridium a colder running plug

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    Mine plugs aren't as white as I was expecting, but they're definitely on the lean side.

Makes me want to put a power commander on it. But I hate having to "Fix" something that BRP should already have well under control.

I don't mind removing my cat, but it'll definitely make it more lean, in which case the power commander is back on the table and... it starts getting complicated.
    A suggestion:
    Put in #9 NGK Iridium sparkplugs (they are a cooler running plug).
    Have dealer flash ECM computer (like FlamingoBabe said) so Spyder runs richer fuel mix; Len at PitBull Powersports in Springfield, Mo can explain how it is done.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Default Heat issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpo View Post
    I have to agree with Jacque on this one. I too have 2013 ST Limited. I traded in my very modified 2009 GS. I did experience heat on the right foot on the GS, especially after I installed floor boards which were much lower than my pegs. I have installed a thermo block on my left knee panel and my dealer completely wrapped all exhaust pipes with approval from BRP to do it under warranty. They also replaced my super soft, floppy shocks with a beefier shock also with BRP approval under warranty. The shocks really helped. My bike now tracks straight not pulling to the right and it no longer feels like I have to muscle the bike through left hand turns. The pipe wrapping and panel work, not so much. It's still so hot I can't let my left knee touch the side of the bike after 5 miles. I only show 5 bars and the bike runs great. Yes I live in Florida and we consider 85 a chilly day. But guess what, I lived in Florida last summer and rode my GS all summer long with no problems. Yes, BRP is aware of the heat problems and I really hope they solve it and soon. In the meantime, don't laugh when you see me ryding like a chicken with a broken wing. That's what it feels like with my knee sticking out.

We had the issues with the melted master brake cylinder. Since getting it fixed and since the heat shield our dealer put on everything seems to be working. There is still heat on the left side but it is not unbearable. I just pray we never see another brake failure light come on. By the way we live in Mobile and we never had a serious problem with heat on our RSS that we traded in.