Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Fingers crossed for a "reasonable repair" cost. Good Luck..............
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Good luck. Darn is Two Wheel the closest dealer to you? That must be a 2 hour drive.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

thanks for all the comments and help everyone .two wheels is the closest dealer to me , about an hour and a half if the traffic is light .i bought the bike used from lockhardts but they are 2 1/2 hours away .no spyder dealers in bruce county ,dont think there are any in grey county either .being in Mitchell, where do you go to a dealer Billy ?

Spyder Garage

Default repair cost of oil pump failure

two plastic gears , one oil pump(dont remember whether suction or pressure side ) , various gaskets and labour is going to be roughly 700 to 900 dollars .i have asked that the broken pieces be saved for me but the mechanic says he has no idea what caused this failure .hopefully it is just a case of a manufacturing defect in the gear set and will not repeat itself .if any one else has had an oil pump fail , please post it here .

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you will be up and running soon.
    I don't remember anyone posting that they had a oil pump gear failure before, so I don't think it happens often.
    As to your question about my dealer. I bought my latest form Andrews Sports in St Thomas and have been happy so far except for the 1 hour and 15 minute drive to get there.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

parts ordered a week ago , some have still not come in .it should not be hard to get parts for this bike , but i am still waiting .i bought a 2012 honda 750 cruiser shadow aero new old stock from my local dealer , Lynn Hoy of Wingham Ont cause it was almost as cheap as a used bike.gives me something to ride while i am waiting , and i wanted a 2 wheeler for nice sunny days .plus my youngest son and i can go riding together when i get the spyder back .

Spyder Garage

Default 918.00 total repair cost

the two gears basically chewed on each others teeth until their was a groove worn in the bigger gear and the teeth on the smaller gear were worn down to nubs .no idea why they did this , bike seems to be running fine now and the dealer said it has proper oil pressure .but if anyone ever finds black shards coming out of the crankcase drain hole , confirm if they are plastic or not with a pair of side cutters and if they are plastic , take it to your dealer .repair cost includes cdn sales tax of 13% .

Spyder Garage

Glad to see your dealer got you up and running
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wftb View Post
    the two gears basically chewed on each others teeth until their was a groove worn in the bigger gear and the teeth on the smaller gear were worn down to nubs .no idea why they did this , bike seems to be running fine now and the dealer said it has proper oil pressure .but if anyone ever finds black shards coming out of the crankcase drain hole , confirm if they are plastic or not with a pair of side cutters and if they are plastic , take it to your dealer .repair cost includes cdn sales tax of 13% .
    Not that bad a price IMO. Must not have done many "might as well while it's apart". Get ou riding and have fun.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you're back on the road. Thanks for the heads up on your troubles!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default update

aout 500 Km since the spyder was fixed .no problems so far and not burning any oil so far .with the new oil pressure sending unit , i no longer get the check engine light /oil light reset routine problem that i have had since i bought the bike .the new sender is physically different than the old unit , so if you are having problems it is a good place to start .wrote a letter to BRP about my oil pump problems and i have only had an initial response so far .i am not putting as many miles on the spyder anymore as i am riding my new 750 honda shadow aero as much as possible until the weather turns sour and then the spyder wil get the workload .two wheel also set up my parking brake and it works much better .and they did that without me asking so that was nice of them .