Guys,

I am in Burlington Wisconsin and I am having a problem with my spyder: I keep blowing fuse F1 (15A) (Lights: Tails, positions, plate & Day Lights, VBAT Cluster, DESS & MSR. The problem is very erratic and the fuse either blows right away or after a few minutes into a ride...Sometimes, after more than 5 minutes...WHEN THE FUSE BLOWS, I get the check engine light and then the Check transmission, check parking brake for faults. I can't check for codes because this fuse controls my control unit preventing me from using the cluster and shifting !

Please note that I had the same problem into the trip some 1400 miles ago when I was in Montreal. The Mechanic at Contant BRP Shop worked on the bike for more than 9 hours without really finding anything. The bike stayed overnight in the shop and worked the next morning. I then drove all those miles until the same problem today

Common situations: both times, the problem happened after washing my rad from bugs.

PLEASE HELP: WHAT SHOULD I CHECK?

Note: Charley711 posted (21 June 2013) something very similar to what is happening to me. So I am trying to find a small compressor right now to try to blow and dry up the fuse box....

I will welcome all of the ideas at this time, I need help.... !

Thanks