Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AkWinter View Post
    BajaRon - Thanks for the helpful information. I'm not expecting the pads to last as long as car disc brake pads, however I think 4600mi is a bit on the low side.. imo. I was hoping the Dealer would say, Yes there is this maladjusted or this has failed and the brakes will be replaces under warranty, but hasn't been the case. It seems they just want to side step any responsibility for the problem.. imo.

Where are you and others getting your EBC pads? I find no where here locally that sells much in motorcycle parts. (a problem with living where I do)

It's not my assessment that the brake pads needed replacement this early, that came directly from the Dealer Service Dept. I did check them this morning with the use of a dime (~1.35mm thickness), and the dime just fits between the rotor and the back of the brake pad. I'm not sure what the thickness of new pads are, only that the mimimum thickness of not less than 1mm. There is no excessive scratching on the rotors, so I don't see dirt/dust as a cause.

I'm not sure how to check to see if there is a maladjustment on the parking brake, is that something someone can explain?
    I headed something about cutting a groove in the middle of the pads and tapering the leading edgesÂ…???
    2018 F3L Cat Delete, Two Bros Pipe, Doc Humphreys Belt Tensioner and Pedal Extender, 17" Freedom Windshield, Spyder Extras Sway Bar & End Links
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

This particular thread dates back to July 2013. The OP is long gone from the site.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red