Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We'll all know more, once some actual information starts getting to us...
    Then; we'll just have to wait for the actual owners to start singing...
    #1. Agree, as long as it's reliable information based on appropriate and proven testing.

#2. Hopefully, the signing will match the information released.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    I cant complain about anything but the heat. It is freaking hot. The gas sizzling is just something I have to live with. It won't ignite unless there is a spark. Just hope I don't have a static pop.... Other than my chestnuts roasting Im happy with the two 2013 's i have.
    Well the secret is out! The new 2014 Spyder RT is..............a 2012 Spyder RT with new paint colors!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh.. that's just soooo... FUNNY!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A point to ponder.

The 2014's will be an opportunity for BRP to redeem themselves from the issues that popped up on the 2013's.

Many people have reported no issues, but our site has been filled with complaints about a lot of mechanical issues. IMO: a lot of potential buyers may not go to a 2013--just in case. There may be some real deals available on holdover 2013's when this season ends.

If the 2014's do not have the issues of the 2013's, I think it will be onwards and upwards. If problems persist--then--there may be some problems for the brand.
    I'm thinking my finances are aligned for a 2014 model rss. I must admit I am worried about the reliability of the spyder. I wanted an ST but after reading pretty much every night on this and a couple other forums, I have little trust in that machine. The rss seems to be the model that has the least of the complaints arise. I really hope they figure out the heat on all models.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

I think I'll just see what they come up with. Ours is just a pup...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Since I have absolutely no idea why they would do that, why would they do that?
    They wouldn't...
    Shaft drive adds weight, complexity and a bit of ineffieciency to the drivetrain.
    It's a lot simpler to use and maintain; that's about the only advantage that I'm aware of...

Spyder Garage

Reliability seems to be the topic for the 2013... If your superstitious 13 may not be you number. You would think the engineers would've gotten the bugs out and the assemblers would do a better job. We will just have to wait and see. Less heat, rides straight, bigger engine, better mpg.... Lets hope they listen. I love my spyder but as of late I've been considering and HD trike... I have more time for longer trips and being that HD shops are everywhere it gives me peace of mind. My spyder has been very reliable on two trips from Miami to Tennessee but she is an 09 and from all the complaints I don't have confidence in the newer models. Get it right BRP I love the attention and the spyder rides so much better than a traditional trike.

Godspeed
    BIOSAB

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    How about a BIGGER, SMOOTHER, more POWERFUL engine!
    Agreed, bigger engine and less rpm while cruising the highways, which hopefully mean more range per tank.

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Models

How about better gas mileage, handling, 1300cc size engine that runs on regular gas and a comfort seat standard equipment on Limited models, am I asking to much?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    no matter when and no matter what it costs there will still be complaints.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IntoTheWind View Post
    How about better gas mileage, handling, 1300cc size engine that runs on regular gas and a comfort seat standard equipment on Limited models, am I asking to much?
    1300cc! Why not go with a 2000. Kawasaki must have a ton of those laying around from the failed sales of the Vulcan 2000.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Spyder Garage

Brings to mind that old saying, "You can please all the people some of the time, and you can please some of the people all the time, but you can never please all the people all the time."

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by willey View Post
    I guess we were lucky when the red head [my lady friend ] bought her 2013 RTS.I hated the thing for the first 2000 miles.I had a hard time keeping it on the road.She bought it on the 27th of may.We put 700 miles on it and then left for a 5000 mile trip out west.We were on the road over two weeks.45 mph cross winds across Kansas.The bike handled them well.The temp was pushing 100 degrees about every day and my gas tank didn't boil once.THe gas cap was a little warm but not hot.Now I can ride down the interstate 75 or 80 mph and the bike goes straight as an arrow and steady as a rock.I guess it took me that long to learn how to ride that thing.I have been ridding two wheels for the last 50+ years and I am 73 years old.All I can say is I think it is a great machine and I love to ride it.I still have and ride my 1300 Yamaha road star.The check engine light came on,we shut it off and restarted back up and every thing wea fine.Must have been made on a wed.
    REDHEAD ???? <perk>

God Bless you. You're a lucky man.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    1300cc! Why not go with a 2000. Kawasaki must have a ton of those laying around from the failed sales of the Vulcan 2000.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!
    I had a Vulcan 2000. That was a real nice machine. It was just to big and heavy for me to heft around. Were BRP to do that, I can already see the complaints starting from the fact that you are only going to get about 7000 miles out of a rear tire. VROOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOM

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I want a 3000 cc engine, 7 speed transmission, 59 mpg and a slider button on the dash that changes the color of the tupperware to anything I want.

Oh yeah and I want the price reduced to $14,999
    The 3 litre engine would be nice, but I'd prefer an 8 speed automatic, a Stereo system by Bose, A programmable Nanny that would allow me to commit suicide by motorcycle (should I so choose...), and enough storage capacity to make the 622 seem like a shirt pocket.. But i'd be willing to pay $17,599 for it!

Spyder Garage

Had a friend one time tell me he had a Bose stereo in his Tahoe. What makes this funny is he was pronouncing the e at the end like the word CafeŽ.

Spyder Garage

Default What's on your wish list for 2014?

Permission to buy an ST

A royal blue ST would be cool! Right now I'm favoring the black.

Seriously, I hope we see some real commitment and real solutions to the heat problems by BRP.
    I would like to see laser alignment be part of the production line. These things should not be something a new Spyder owner should have to go to the aftermarket to fix.

Reliability should be a given not a nervous anxiety.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dawg,
    It sounds as if you might be making progress...

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

True.

But there are a couple of kinds of complaints. Self serving and justifiable.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Separating the, "Wheat from the Chaff", is what we do best!