Thread: Track day

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Track day

So I know I asked this a few years ago when I first acquired my spyder but now that there is a bigger spyder population I figured I would bring it up again.
    has anyone done a motorcycle track day on the spyder?
    i never got around to it as I originally did some leg work and some places seemed willing to work with me but I never got the whole FULL gear storm trooper outfit so I never went to one.
    How about all of you?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRACK DAY ? ? ?

Have you been under a ROCK ? ? ?.....They had a " Hugh " one at Spyderfest 2013.................3 hrs. + of unlimited DRAG RACING....I consider that a Track Day .........Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I put out a couple of feelers to a privately-ownd track outside of Monticello, NY, but they never answered my inquiries...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think for the most part, they (track owners) are not familiar enough with Spyders and the unknown potential for flipping one. Of course it's as likely to flip as a two wheeler to go down. Compared to bikes though, I think the number of Spyder owners wanting to track (not drag race) their rides is pretty small. Besides, I'd rather drag knee on my bikes, than even attempt to drag knee on a Spyder.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Have you been under a ROCK ? ? ?.....They had a " Hugh " one at Spyderfest 2013.................3 hrs. + of unlimited DRAG RACING....I consider that a Track Day .........Mike
    Nope knew about that but I had a different type in mind.
    i put feelers out a few years ago as well and they seemed open to the idea and at the same time hesitant due to the unknowns of the spyder back then.
    I just never addressed it and I know it generally is not suited to the spyder demographic but there is always a group interested in everything and anything.

Spyder Garage

Does the Dragon count?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

While not a track I think it should!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think a good place to give this a try would be at VIR (Virginia International Raceway). They have at least 2 charity events that our mustang club goes to. They allow just about anything on the track, but there is no passing. I have been there with 3 mustangs, and my lightning. Don't have any pictures of the roush on the track, but here are the other three.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white