Spyder Garage

Default Tire air pressure values?

tried 18#s on the front tires and 28#s on the back tire, rode 115km to the dealer for my 1000km first service, seem to ride quite well, dealer thought these values were a bit high, anyone know what the best air pressures should be on these 2013 ST spyders
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

It has been suggested that the factory values +/- 2 psi works well.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    tried 18#s on the front tires and 28#s on the back tire, rode 115km to the dealer for my 1000km first service, seem to ride quite well, dealer thought these values were a bit high, anyone know what the best air pressures should be on these 2013 ST spyders
    I recently went from 15 to 16 in front and from 28 to 29 in the rear on a 2013 RT Limited . . . and it feels much better on the road . . . but I weigh 290 Lbs! My manual calls for 15 plus/minus 2 for the front and 28 plus/minus 2 for the rear, so I could see why the dealer thinks 18 is high.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Motorcycle tires do not have steel belts in them. If you ride at or above 65 the rear tire will heat up and "crown" which will cause the center of the tread to wear out. This just happened to me. I was running 29 psi in the rear tire. The dealer said that if I had decreased the tire pressure some, the wear would have been more even. My experience with tires leads me to believe that "aggressive" riders will get somewhere around 8000 miles out of a rear tire.

Just sayin'.............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Not so aggresive anymore at my age. Replaced fronts (19)at 16K, uneven wear. Replacede rear at a little over 20k, wears bars even.
    Oldmanzues
    Should add 2010 base RT
    Last edited by Oldmanzues; 07-10-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added model
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I run 18 in fronts and 29 in back. Replaced rear at 11,000 miles because center wear was even with tread.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Cool Whitzoo

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    Not so aggresive anymore at my age. Replaced fronts (19)at 16K, uneven wear. Replacede rear at a little over 20k, wears bars even.
    Oldmanzues
    Should add 2010 base RT
    You.re not so old! Good seeing you today