Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Update: 2013 RTS SM5 now over 11,000 miles and currently in the shop. I had the shocks replaced and the parking brake repaired 2 weeks ago. Got home and parked the Spyder for a few hours outside. When I went to move it into the garage It would stall as soon as I tried to give it gas. The 3rd time it finally made it up the hill. Next day it ran rough idle would jump between 1200 and 2000 when stopped at lights. It stalled while idling twice at home. Of course all of this started on a Friday night and by the time I went to call the dealer on Saturday they were already closed. I got 2 codes P1136 & P1174 which relate to 02 sensor and lean condition

I was waiting there on Tuesday when they opened and I told the service writer what was going on. He said I think you have an exhaust leak which I didn't think was right but hey what do I know. Of course I have an aftermarket exhaust so not covered under warranty. We told him we were going out of town on Thursday morning at o'dark thirty so I had to have it back. He said can you leave it for the morning? I called him around 4 and he said that they hadn't looked at it yet. Called around noon on Wednesday and he said he didn't know we were going away. He told me to pick it up at 5:00. I did and they charged me 1/2 hour labor to "fix an exhaust leak" On the way home I had to stop at the grocery and when I went to start it it took 3 tries to get it running. Went on my trip the next morning as I wasn't going to let this ruin my plans. Spyder ran like crap and I got lousy gas mileage the whole trip. I called the dealer on Friday and told them that it wasn't an exhaust leak. Made an appointment for Thursday.

Dropped it off yesterday because we had to be in the area anyway. Service writer went to take it around back and it stalled on him 3 times and wouldn't idle. So he says to me you aren't going on any trips are you? I said yes I am leaving on Tuesday for a trip to Utah. He said he doesn't think they can have it done by then. I'm not very happy.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Hot Right Foot

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
    2013 RT-Limited, 4200 miles, except for hot right foot, NO PROBLEMS

Tony
    Hello fellow spyderlover....I had the same hot foot problem. I did install an upper radiator blocking plate. I have highway pegs and the right one was just in front of the radiator exhaust. The blocking plate works well. I vented to the bottom vent exhaust and also modified my bottom plate with screen. I cut a "port" in the inner well to direct heat out through the bottom as well. No problems and I'm happier without baking my right foot. Much more enjoyable!

Happy and safe ridin' to you ....
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

2013 RT LTD. Cruise control died. Warranty repaired. All is good.

Spyder Garage

My 2010 RT A+C SE5 just passed 29,000 km (18,000 mi) with no issues. Have replaced the rear tire -- which will be due again by season-end -- and the right front tire because of uneven wear. I just replaced the rear shock at the 28,000 km (2-year) servicing.

My '08 GS (sold in '11), which I put 15,000 km on, was also trouble-free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Spyder Garage

2012 RT Limited.Purchased July 7 2012.19,600 miles.NO PROBLEMS.

ivor

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

2011 RTS SE5 10,000 miles NO PROBLEMS!

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT AC SE5, 37,000 mi, clutch hub shattered in Durango last year; battery replaced Spyderfest this year. Just had the rear brake pad replaced.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

2013RT-Lmtd , 10,000 miles , brought 6/24/13 . Replaced trailer mod twice , end up bypassing it . BRP relocated it for 2013 , was under rear of bike , think they have a heat issue at new location !
    Changed rear tire , this week , long trip to yellowstone , rotated front tires . Had transmission linkage come off , reinstalled on the road , works fine , think manufacture issue , not on all the way !