Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Give the guys in uniform a break. I'm not a police officer or do I ever want to be one. A bad guy would rather kill you than rob you these days. So life being a police officer is not all its cracked up to be. A very stressful job to say the least. For the most part, most police officers are very friendly, its just the few that think they are bad ass cops and go out everyday with that frame of mind. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks for the above. By the way cops who are veteran officers also have issues with some of the junior folks who have some really wild ideas of their self worth. The good news is that they only last a few years and then get a job where they can hide out better from any risk or responsibility. My Blue Knights chapter has lost two members to gunfire and one to a vehicle accident during road stops in the last five years. Every time you are pulled over by an officer you know you are a good guy but we don't. On a lighter note the best one liner I ever received by a pulled over drunk driver was the following exchange. "Are you drinking sir, his response was "Are you buying?" He didn't make bail.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Thanks for the above. By the way cops who are veteran officers also have issues with some of the junior folks who have some really wild ideas of their self worth. The good news is that they only last a few years and then get a job where they can hide out better from any risk or responsibility. My Blue Knights chapter has lost two members to gunfire and one to a vehicle accident during road stops in the last five years. Every time you are pulled over by an officer you know you are a good guy but we don't. On a lighter note the best one liner I ever received by a pulled over drunk driver was the following exchange. "Are you drinking sir, his response was "Are you buying?" He didn't make bail.
    My favorite was my very first DWI stop. It was a woman, about 70 years old. I had her get out of the car for field sobriety tests. She gets through the first test (which she bombed), turns to me and says "you know, I could do these things, if I wasn't so damn drunk" My reply: "alright then, you just saved us alot of time". It's amazing what you see/hear on the street.

Spyder Garage

I will just watch this thread.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Or, as my brother said, "Believe NONE of what you hear and only HALF of what you see!"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sometimes you just have to grab your tongue with both hands, and hang on for dear life!

Yes I did that at the border crossing going into Montana two weeks ago riding with a bunch of 2 wheeled bikes. A young punk border guard walks up to us and says to me "That ain't a real bike" I felt like saying "yea well your not a real cop"!!! But I would have had a very short visit to the States. The older Border Guard did give him a dirty look and hopefully tuned him in later.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh... do I ever have a story about border crossings...
    A couple of us were going on a Caribou hunt in Northern Quebec; we were taking two vehilces to Montreal so that we could fil one with people, and the other with all of meat...(Good Planning!)
    Anyway; I'm driving the meat-wagon, and by buddy is warning me all the way up the Northway... "Don't screw around with the Border Guards" I guess he knew about my sense of humor...
    Anyway; we get to the border... My buddy pulls up to the guard... A conversation starts... she waves her hands... he waves back... she points a finger... he points right back...
    I'm starting to wonder how clean the jails are going to be...
    Finally; with a look of disgust, she waves him through... She's looking to be in a bad mood, so I'm already DEAD!
    "Why are you coming to Canada?" she about barks at me...
    "I'm going on a hunting trip with my buddy ; I'm with HIM!" I sheepishly point to his Jeep...
    "Okay... get out of here", and I'm waved on through

"What was THAT all about?" I squeaked into the CB; still not breathing properly...
    "She asked if I had any guns. I told her that I had my 'hunting gear'. Since I didn't specifically 'guns', she jumped me over it!" was his response...
    "The discussion came when she wanted to take my Jeep apart to find them"
    So this is why I don't drive whenever I have to go to Canada anymore!

Oh! For the record; this is the Honest and Truthful story of what happened that morning...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-08-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

We did a border crossing between Nicaraqua and Costa Rica. Now, that's a place where you really need to keep your mouth shut. It was pretty scary; the most unkept border guards/police that I've ever seen. Money switched hands there to get across quickly.

Spyder Garage

Boo hoo cops. Community relations are important.

The problem is we've all lost sight of what's important.

This poor guy just made a little joke.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Cops are people just like in any other profession, there are always the ones that do things at times that are not very professional.

Sometimes we all have to "show off" a little bit

Cruzr Joe

(Retired LEO)
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post
    Boo hoo cops. Community relations are important.

The problem is we've all lost sight of what's important.

This poor guy just made a little joke.
    The problem is that it was not a joke, it was playing on a stereotype at the officers expense ""The two cops walked in behind me and I smiled and said "I have heard of a Big Mac Attack, but lights and siren for donuts and coffee!"" It would be no different if I made the following (not really a) joke about Doctors. " I've heard about big spenders but two summer houses, a Country Club membership and a Rolls Royce!" Now I know that Doctors work hard my Son and Daughter in law are Physicians. But a joke that plays on a Stereotype, whether its that Cops eat a lot of Donuts, waste time and take advantage of their position or that it's that Doctors charge way too much works way to little and spend exorbitant amounts of disposable income is just wrong. I also doubt that you would say that to any Doctor that you just bumped into on the street.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's the whole "fun" part about this internet thing; you don't actually have to care now if you've hurt somebody's feelings anymore...
    A little bit of sensitivity can go an awful long way...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wore a badge for 25 years. I have received a wonderful pension check for the last 20 years. I feel no need to defend or attack the profession. This thread got juvenile quickly. If you don't like cops, take the "911" magnet off your refridgerator and handle the next emergency yourself.

Spyder Garage

Here we go...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Young cops have no sense of humor, They have to be ''On the Job'' for a few years before they get one....
    Same with "butter bar" lieutenants in the military.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

If you're too sensitive you shouldn't be ''ON the Job'' ... Remember you can catch more flies with dead Squirrels than with vinegar..

Spyder Garage

I go "toe to toe" with law enforcement on a daily basis, and have nothing but the utmost respect for them. We all have "bad days" from time to time. We are all fallible. We even see it on this forum. Hell look at me.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see "fallible" every time that I look in a mirror!

Spyder Garage

Not going to beat a dead horse but as a cop with 19 yearsand living in a house with a father that retired as a cop after 30 I will giveyou all a little quote from him when asked if he was prejudice "nope, whenI am in this uniform I don’t like anyone". Most people see everything incolor and most of the cops are taught just to see the black and white. I havebeen the cop at the donut shop who just blew past a long line of traffic withlights and sirens only to be told to shut it down and continue normal patrol.On a brighter note I was stopped today, 60 in a 45, deserved a ticket for notpaying attention, the young officer spent 15 minutes asking questions about the and thenreminded me to slow down. Little towns can be annoying when the weather is right and the roads are curved.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Gunny!
    I've been pretty fortunate to have only been stopped twice in my less than stellar driving time...
    Both times; I was polite, clear and concise with my answers, had all of my paperwork ready, and even managed to give the Officer a big smile.
    And I nver got the tickes; I obviously deserved both of them...
    The Officers were just as friendly about the whole thing as I was... They were very precise in their explanation as to what they observed (and saw on their radar***... ), and I had no complaints at all about how they handled themselves.
    Had I received the tickets; it would not have changed how I felt about the professionalism and courtesy that i was shown... They STILL did a great job, at their jobs!

*** 78/45 and 57/30!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I see "fallible" every time that I look in a mirror!
    Me too, Bob. Me too.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope that you're not seeing exactly what I'm seeing...
    I wouldn't wish THAT on even an Ex-Wife's Divorce Attou... Oops!

Spyder Garage

RE: my earlier post. I do respect LEOs. I've worked with a lot of them in my time as a firefighter/EMT. Partied with some, been to a couple LEO funerals too. What I said earlier about the officer taking the cold drink was true too. I know him and his family. He did get a job with a department in another city and is doing well. I know most of the deputies around here as well as the Sheriff. See him frequently and voted for him several times. My daughters god father was a LEO in the military. Her "Uncle Art" was a sergeant with the city police. I could go on but you get the idea. What has been mentioned about shortcomings is true. Like Bob Denman said "I see it everyday when I look in the mirror", yep, that's me.

Ok. Now lets talk about the weather or oil or...
    Last edited by bruiser; 07-08-2013 at 12:22 PM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-08-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

Down with helmets.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards