Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have noticed that many of the screws holding on Tupperware do allow some movement in the holes. I adjusted my rear top area panel below the trunk so my trunk seam looked even when the trunk is closed. I did this just by moving it around a little in the play in the screw holes. So there might be a tiny bit of adjustment on the hinge where it screws on. I have not look so I am guessing on that.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

So there I was in the office parking lot today with my helmet trapped in the Frunk... With nowhere else to turn I pulled out my smartphone and did a search on SpyderLovers... After watching this video, I had it open and was on my way! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBuzz View Post
    So there I was in the office parking lot today with my helmet trapped in the Frunk... With nowhere else to turn I pulled out my smartphone and did a search on SpyderLovers... After watching this video, I had it open and was on my way! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Glad I could help!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rolinfaz View Post
    Not so lucky for me! Mine stays stuck! With the engine running in will open by the switch. Without, I have to push down on the frunk to open just like the video showed. It will not even closed by dropping it as shown in the video. The weather strip appears to be all the way down. Who knows????
    You could always remove the weather strip and see if the issue is still there. If it is then it would be out of adjustment.

Nice video!
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Locked Trunk (Frunk) 2008

I locked my keys in my 2008 Premiere Edition and it's very easy to unlock it - there is no plastic cover that covers the wires on the '08 model - just follow the cable that goes from the key lock to the frunk and pull on it - your trunk will pop open. Easy as that - it works - been there , done that.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks...should answer a lot of questions on the frunk lid

Nice work Bob!! Your videos are great - thanks for taking time to do them and share the info!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My electric latch didn't work this morning, watched your video & reminded me about key to open, thanks for reminding me
    al

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    OK after this happening to me and a small panic attack
    Then after reading a few posts about the front trunk lid sticking and some people not knowing how to fix it, I decided to make a video showing how to unstick your lid.

Hope it is helpful to someone!

Bob
    Thank you Sooooo much for this video! I am packing up my RT-S to head to Ocean City / Delmarva Bikefest in the morning and got my frunk lid stuck putting too much in. I was panicking big time on what to do and thought someone on SpyderLovers has had to have this problem. You saved the day! I tried to open it myself but had to eventually enlist my neighbor's help to turn the key while I pushed and manipulated the lid. It opened right away! Thank God I tried to open it again tonight rather than when I arrived at the hotel in Ocean City MD tomorrow. I can't thank you enough!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great video. Thanks much.

Spyder Garage

Default Stuck frunk

Well, I'm still stuck because the lid is "latched" with still two inches of space around it and nothing has budged it so far. Tried turning the key with the engine off and on with no success. And my frunk wasn't overloaded when it stuck either. I've tried pushing to the side, down, up, what have you with nothing budging it so far. I've an appointment with the dealer Friday for another issue but had to ride home helmet-less last night because that's where I stored it. Seems sometimes like the little stuff is the most annoying.

Spyder Garage

You can also get in this way.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Default Frunk latch inopperative

I followed your suggestion about using a wooden dowel to open my frunk. THANKS!!! Worked great!