Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Another reason I should read the manual

I wave at anyone or anything .. Did not realize there is a PC protocol.. Oh that's right I don't do PC so In my best non-PC manner I will wave wave wave smile smile smile Laugh laugh laugh my way down the highways...
    I am noticing now that I am without the Spyder in my pick up nobody wants to respond!! Is there a solution for that challenge... Granted without my daily Spyder fix I'm probably not quite as nice as I was before. I'll try washing the pickup today may be a nice shiny smile on it will make things better
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you think that he could????
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Can't wave if you're trying to cancel the turn signal.

Spyder Garage

If you wave at a 2 wheeler they may get an inferiority complex because they only have 2 wheels and I would not want that on my conscience.

Waving to a 2 wheeler might make them feel that they (with their lowly 2 wheels) are as good as us with our 3 wheels.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post

plus, while fumbling around to find those things, you will most certainly flip the kill switch with your right hand
    I did that once on the Interstate at 70 MPH trying to adjust the cruise control. Scary thing when all goes quiet at that speed and on a bridge. Got to the side and took a second or two to realize what I'd done, then felt a bit dumb.

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Spyder Garage

I wave to all makes and models. Scout law; A scout is a Friend to all other Scouts. I think all Spyders Riders should be the same.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yfactor View Post
    I did that once on the Interstate at 70 MPH trying to adjust the cruise control. Scary thing when all goes quiet at that speed and on a bridge. Got to the side and took a second or two to realize what I'd done, then felt a bit dumb.
    I've done it more than once

it happens......

I wave all the time, or at least most of the time.... I like it when they wave back, but its not like I am going to do a u turn, chase them down, then slap them silly for not waving back....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Default Why spyder riders don't wave

Can't wave and flip burgers at the same time.

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    I've read several funny reasons why other bike owners don't wave so..... I'm gonna dig in my experiences and dig on us

Why spyder owners don't wave at other bikers:

1) That sort of movement would most certainly disrupt the delicate vehicle stability system and throw you into limp mode.

2) It doesn't say in the owners manual to wave at passing bikers

3) Too busy staring at the tach monitoring RPM's to notice other motorists

What can you come up with? Let's have fun with this

Spyder Garage

I give 2 wheeler my 3 finger way because I have 3 wheels. If they don't wave back I subtract 2 fingers to represent the loss of their 2 wheels during the wave. Guess which fingers they are

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wave at ANY biker or triker...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    I've done it more than once

. . . but its not like I am going to do a u turn, chase them down, then slap them silly for not waving back....
    I've only done that to officers who failed to return a salute, something that they would never do again after a crazy E-8 embarrassed them (Full "command voice" bellowing out: "MAJOR!!! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING, SIR!" while still holding a salute) in front of the world!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I have no problem waving at bikers or other spyder owners

I've read several funny reasons why other bike owners don't wave so..... I'm gonna dig in my experiences and dig on us

1) That sort of movement would most certainly disrupt the delicate vehicle stability system and throw you into limp mode.

Spyder Garage

too busy giving the misses a leg message that I can't get my hand up in time!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I've only done that to officers who failed to return a salute, something that they would never do again after a crazy E-8 embarrassed them (Full "command voice" bellowing out: "MAJOR!!! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING, SIR!" while still holding a salute) in front of the world!
    E8? Isn't that like a Comman Sgt Major in the Army?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Cool

I still wave, and noticed that more of the 2 wheel riders are waving back...even the hard core HD riders.....just being friendly.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

Hey, this is supposed to be a funny slam on spyder owners not necessarily a exclamation of your particular practices

Example:
    Couldn't wave because they're too busy holding the windshield with the left hand after the bracket breaks
    Last edited by ARCTIC; 07-08-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default waving to other Riders

Took a ride to Myrtle Beach for Bike Week. Met my two sons who ride Harleys. Waved to every rider I saw on way there and back. Very few dont reply. Riding is the crown of freedom. Eery rider ( except thoe folk on crotch rockets trying to break the sound barrier) seems to recognize the fellowship of riding.
    On the trip to Maggie Valley two weeks later, once again, I experienced that most riders (exception of those mentioned above) were happy to acknowledge riders on two or three wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

LOL! They don't want to recognize the other riders because we feel we're the special ones on the road! LOL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't wave in corners. I do that all the time on the bike, it's easy to ride one handed. First time trying to wave on a Spyder in the middle of the corner, I almost ran out of road! Push/pull steering is a lot more complicated than leaning.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Cannot draw attention and reveal who you are by waving because the nursing home doesn't know you aren't in your room
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had average wave responses on my way from Vegas to Maggie valley. Except in Texas and Oklahoma. In Texas nearly everyone gave me the one finger wave. In Oklahoma nearly every biker did a more friendly wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I can't wave because I am holding on to my wife who fell asleep on the back of my RT!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

- Can't wave, too busy monitoring the temperature gauge, and distracted by hot right foot to notice.
    - Can't wave, can't see you through the heat waves coming from the vents.
    - Can't wave, too scared to take hands off 2013 Spyder's twitchy handling.
    - Can't wave, too dazzled by the tricled & custom dynamics fender lights etc etc.

Last edited by asp125; 07-08-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool E-8 USA

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    E8? Isn't that like a Comman Sgt Major in the Army?

PS

a pay grade of E-8 in the US Army covers two separate duty positions.

MASTER SERGEANT, MSG, a non commission officer,NCO, who performs various middle management functions in the command structure. MSG's are more likely to be in charge as managers of functions like supply, maintenance, communications and mess (feeding the troops). Insignia is three chevrons over three rockers nothing in the center.

FIRST SERGEANT, 1SG, another NCO, this position is always in the units headquarters section. 1SG's are the Commanders right hand in managing the enlisted personnel within the unit. Good 1SG's are more then likely to be tasked to train junior officers and see that they stay out of trouble by the unit commander.

Rank insignia is three upper chevrons over three rockers with a diamond in the middle.

E-9 Sergeant Major, SMG, Insignia three chevrons over three rockers with a five point star in the middle. Command Sergeant Major, CSM, three chevrons over three rockers with a five point star with a wreath surrounding the star. Normally the senior enlisted advisor of larger headquarters elements to the commander.

This help you out some what? I could write you a book on the in's and out's of both grades but if you want more just PM me and we can go off channel.

Spyder Garage

I can't wave because I'm trying to get my hot chocolate mixed just right.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard