Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I think for the price of a used iPod of some sort from eBay is worth not having to mess with the radio. I just get a 2nd gen 16gig iPod touch for $25 to my door. Plenty of places to download music for free too. The only time I've ever listened to the radio on my was on the way home from the dealer.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here are the instructions:
    How to override the SPYDER radio presets?
    They overwrite as you program, here's the steps
    1. Press the Mode button until the Audio icon appears.
    2. Use the right or left command buttons to find the radio station you want. A long press will do a seek to thenext available station. Continue doing a seek until the station you wantappears.
    3. Here is the missing step. Press the Set button longer than onesecond to enter the Tune or Setup screen. The word Record should appear underthe numbers of the current radio station. The shop manual states that you can tune the stationin increments of .2 by short pressing the left or right command buttons now.
    4. Short press the Up button until the Preset number you want appears in the box to the left side ofthe screen. I noticed that this step can be touchy at times trying to get thenumber to stay in the box!
    5. Immediately press and hold the down button. Once the preset takes, the screen will exit the Tune or Setup screen andreturns to the initial Audio screen.
    6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the next preset. Note that doing a short press of the left or rightcommand buttons will cycle through the already set presets. A long press willstart the seek.
    Good Luck
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Spyder Garage

Post What I did

To clear the presets, I just set a station of static at each preset.
    I have been thinking about the setting problem, trying to add a station that keeps updating and the preset number keeps resetting.
    Does anyone know where the antenna gets connected to the radio? My thinking is if the antenna is not connected, all stations will be static and can be set. Just remember the station frequency. Then reconnecting the antenna. I tried removing the whip but it did not go to static. But this is only good if you don't plan on changing them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rminas879 View Post
    To clear the presets, I just set a station of static at each preset.
    I have been thinking about the setting problem, trying to add a station that keeps updating and the preset number keeps resetting.
    Does anyone know where the antenna gets connected to the radio? My thinking is if the antenna is not connected, all stations will be static and can be set. Just remember the station frequency. Then reconnecting the antenna. I tried removing the whip but it did not go to static. But this is only good if you don't plan on changing them.
    The radio is under the right side passenger grip. It is easy to get at. 2 screws hold the cover on. The antenna connection is near the back area of the compartment the radio is in.
    Now you probably have the water intrusion fix. Basically that is a heat shrink tube put over the antenna connection. You will have to cut that off to unplug the antenna. So have another piece of heat shrink tube ready to put back on when you reconnect it.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    The radio is under the right side passenger grip. It is easy to get at. 2 screws hold the cover on. The antenna connection is near the back area of the compartment the radio is in.
    On my '13 RT I had to remove the plastic around the trunk and the right taillight assembly. The antenna connector is in that area, about a foot or so away from the radio unit. The excess cable was coiled there. There was no heat shrink tube on it, or else it just pulled apart anyway.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hmmmmm. That's the old way and I thought that the 2013s would have the fix. Its called the water infusion service bulletin or something like that. There is even a YouTube video showing a mechanic doing it. The antenna connection is suppose to be moved inside the radio cavity and heatshrinked. My dealer did that fix at my 600 mile service.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    You can preset????I am lazy and just push the right arrow to get the next station that I can hear, If I don't like it I push it again.
    Yep, that would be me